LRB: Analysis of the Executive Budget bill
2021-23 Executive Budget in Brief (PDF)
2021-2023 Capital Budget: Agency Requests and Governor's Recommendations.
LFB: Summary of governor's budget recommendations by agency
LFB: Summary of governor's budget recommendations (PDF)
Wednesday May 5, 2021 - Updated 4:53pm
- Gov. Evers. Grants 18 pardons, brings total pardons granted to 192.
- Association for Equity in Funding. Announces release for funding equity data dashboards.
- Wisconsin Conservation Voters. Conservation voters asking legislators to honor conservation priorities in state budget
- Coalition of Health Organizations. Memo in support of extending Medicaid coverage for postpartum women for an additional 10-month period.
- Sen. Nass. Calls for floor votes next week on all Senate election reform bills.
- Sen. Pfaff. Voices support for DATCP Sec-des. Romanski, urges confirmation.
- Sen. Agard. High time to support cannabis legalization.
- Sen. Wirch. Statement on SB-267 vote.
- Rep. Hesselbein. Column: Remove barriers and make higher ed more affordable.
- Sen. Smith. Column: Community immunity.
- Democratic Assembly Mental Health Committee Members. Statement on suicide prevention bills.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Say no to these anti-voter bills in Wisconsin.
- Common Cause in Wisconsin. Even More Unjustified, Partisan Anti-Voter Measures Are Being Rushed Through Legislature
- Reps. Tittl, Ramthun. Local legislators announce district listening session for Monday, May 10th.
- La Crosse Tribune. Republican state lawmakers call on Tony Evers, federal government to help secure southern border
- U.S. News & World Report. Disabled Wisconsin Lawmaker Asks to Participate Remotely
- Fox 11. Republican election change bills make way through Wisconsin Legislature
- WTMJ. 'I knew I had to pay': Legislation looks to give Wisconsin teens convicted of homicide a second chance
- Wauwatosa School District. Receives $25K Fab Lab grant.
- WEDC. 28 Wisconsin school districts awarded Fab Labs Grants
- DNR. Dress for success this turkey season.
- DOJ. Wisconsin Drug Take Back Collection #2 in the Country; Collects Over 60,000 lbs. of Unwanted Medications to Fight the Opioid Epidemic
- AG Kaul. Recognizes Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Awareness Day
- DNR. Seeking Public Comment For Environmental Review Of The City Of Menomonee Falls Safe Drinking Water Loan Program Project
- The Wisconsin Fund Coalition. Former WEDC, Commerce secretaries back creation of state 'fund of funds.'
- Alliance for Regulatory Coordination. Energy and innovation.
- U.S. News & World Report. Tourism Spending Takes a 30% Hit Due to Coronavirus
- WBAY. Fox Cities tourism spending dropped 35% in 2020, now looking ahead
- WJFW. Park Falls Paper Mill petitioned into receivership for second time
- Janesville Gazette. Study: Janesville-Beloit ranks near bottom of U.S. metro areas for minority worker pay
- Racine Journal Times. Tourism spending drops $71 million in Racine County due to COVID-19
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The largest influx ever of jobs to downtown Milwaukee by a suburban firm is coming after Milwaukee Tool financing plan approved
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Tourism spending in Milwaukee was down nearly 40% in 2020
- WKOW. Prevea Health in Green Bay providing model for state vaccinators to cut down on wasted doses
- Chippewa Herald. COVID-19 vaccine supply tops demand in Wisconsin, with 'herd immunity' distant
- We Energies Foundation. Providing $50,000 to support public safety efforts through Rewarding Responders Grant
- WXOW. Non-profit starts “#PFAS Free Wisconsin” educational campaign
- USA Today. 'Quite striking': US birth rate falls to lowest point in more than a century, CDC report says
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Families Of Those Killed By Wisconsin Police Officers Hope Body Camera Footage Brings Justice
- WXPR. Divided Wisconsin Supreme Court Upholds Man's Gun Conviction
- UW-Stout. Best of 2020-21: Students, groups earn leadership, Wood, co-op, Global Ambassador awards
- UW-La Crosse. International Education & Engagement Office earns top honor
- UW-Eau Claire. Chemistry major aims to be a university professor after finding passion for teaching
- UW-Madison. Badger Talks video: Is herd immunity attainable?
- UW-Platteville. Attenborough honored with statewide distinguished teaching award
- UW-Platteville. Students to showcase capstone engineering projects at Senior Design Open House
- UW-Whitewater. Recent graduate is UW-Whitewater’s first Truman Scholar — a national honor
- UW-Stout. Applied social science graduate lauded for LGBTQIA+ advocacy, effective leadership
- CBS 58. Oconomowoc school board approves plan making face masks mandatory indoors, optional outdoors
- Milwaukee Ald. Murphy. The passing of Pastor Jerome Smith.
- Milwaukee Common Council Members. Milwaukee Tool deal is important to Milwaukee on multiple levels
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Convenes “Ending Deaths from Despair Coalition” to Help Prevent Deaths from Suicide, Drug Overdose and Alcoholism
- City of Madison. Recognizing National Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women Awareness Day
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. Statement on Men's Shelter Vote
- Green Bay Press Gazette. Divided Green Bay City Council OKs resolution in support of 2020 elections amid controversy
- Stevens Point Journal. Proposal goes beyond making Portage County a 'Second Amendment sanctuary' to include entire Constitution
- I-94 East-West Econ Connect. Supporters of I-94 project meet with FHWA.
- Fox 6. Harris tours UWM clean energy lab, touts infrastructure plan. Spectrum News.
- WTMJ. One-on-one with Vice President Harris: What the $2.3 trillion American Jobs Plan means for Wisconsin
Tuesday May 4, 2021
- Wisconsin's Green Fire. Public engagement encouraged as Wisconsin charts its energy future.
- LFB. 2020-21 appropriation lapses and transfers to the general fund.
- CBS 58. Some lawmakers predict federal relief aid could impact state budget negotiations
- Reps. Steineke, August. WI lawmakers urge Harris to act on border crisis.
- Rep. Duchow. Holding May 5th listening sessions with Senator Kapenga.
- Reps. Steineke, August. Letter to Vice President Harris regarding southern border crisis.
- DOC. Shows Support for Fallen Staff Members at Anamosa State Penitentiary
- DNR. Launches Healthy Watersheds Initiative
To Spotlight Wisconsin’s Water Resources
- Wisconsin Lottery. $162,000 Badger 5 ticket purchased in Brookfield expires May 14.
- DNR. Updates Peninsula State Park
- WEC Energy Group. Sets industry-leading environmental goals
- DATCP. Gov. Evers Appoints Three Members to DATCP Board
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO. New report names Wisconsin 24th most dangerous place for workers.
- Alliant Energy Center. Adds technology to enhance cleanliness.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Report: New Foxconn Deal Does Not Add Risk To State, Local Governments
- DHS. Connecting Vaccinators with Groups Wanting On-Site Vaccination Clinics
- NBC 15. Dane Co. tweaks outdoor seating rules in upcoming emergency order
- AP. FDA expected to OK Pfizer vaccine for teens within week
- PFAS Free Wisconsin. New Wisconsin alliance calls for immediate PFAS testing of municipal drinking water systems statewide.
- Wisconsin Pork Association. Annual meeting June 2.
- Wisconsin Dental Association Foundation. Foundation gives more than $55,000 in grants to charitable oral care programs.
- Wisconsin Disability Vote Coalition. Thanks municipal clerks.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. State v. Mitchell L. Christen.
- WISC. Dane Co. judge denies injunction that would have thrown out local health orders
- UW-La Crosse. May graduate reflects on transformative college experience
- UW System. Investment in capital projects would increase STEM and health graduates, accelerate business growth in local communities.
- UW-Green Bay. Guthrie Named Athletic Director at Akron University
- UW-Stout. ‘The Future Depends on Teachers’ campaign celebrates role educators play in shaping children’s lives
- UW-Stout. Crossing the stage: Returning alum eager to experience in-person commencement
- UW-Madison. Names civic engagement award in Risser’s honor
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Northwestern Mutual CEO rebukes MPS, pledges support to charter, private schools
- WKBT. Masks to be optional for West Salem students for outdoor activities
- WQOW. Construction underway on $29 million transportation center at CVTC
- Fox 6. COVID means 55 MPS classrooms have gone virtual
- Milwaukee County Exec. Crowley. Statement on recent acts of gun violence.
- Milwaukee Alds. Murphy, Johnson. Council approves file to require transparency and inclusiveness in use & allocation of ARPA funds
- Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty. Town of Buchanan has 120 days to remove fee, or face lawsuit.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane County to Award Nearly $1.5 Million in Mental Health Grants to Local Schools
- Milwaukee Fire and Police Commission. To consider modifying or eliminating the exception to the ban on chokeholds by members of the Milwaukee Police Department.
- Protect Our Care. Four Years Ago Today: House Republicans Voted to Repeal the Affordable Care Act and the Politics of Health Care Changed Forever
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Why is VP Harris Visiting Wisconsin Before the Border?
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Slams New Funding Criteria that Supports Critical Race Theory
- Opportunity Wisconsin. WATCH: NEW Ad Buy As VP Harris Visits Milwaukee
- U.S. Rep. Fitzgerald. Introduces the BRIDGE Act
- WTMJ. Vice President Kamala Harris touring UW-Milwaukee labs during Tuesday's visit