From The Wheeler Report Blog
The Election tables listed below are candidates who have declared candidacy. Please note, the listings are in no particular order,...
As K-12 schools look to the start of the 2020-21 school year they are wrestling with budgeting, staff safety, student...
K-12 SCHOOLS PROVIDES MORE THAN IN-CLASSROOM EDUCATIONAL SERVICES While the primary function of the K-12 system is to provide students...
Wednesday July 15, 2020 - Updated 4:23am
- WEAU. Canceled events impact businesses and non-profits.
- Spectrum News. Wisconsin sets coronavirus record four times in one week as some relax on precautions.
- WEAU. Barron Co. Health Dept. updates recommendations for gatherings.
- Portage Daily Register. Portage school district prepares for students to return to classrooms but will give virtual option.
- WEAU. UW-Eau Claire students express concern over returning to school.
Tuesday July 14, 2020
- Sen. Bewley. Task Force on Broadband step in the right direction.
- Rep. Meyers. Appointed to Governor's Broadband Task Force.
- Sen. Smith. Statement on creation of the Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access.
- Gov. Evers. Signs Executive Order creating Governor's Task Force on Broadband Access.
- Gov. Evers. Seeks applicants for Dane County Circuit Court.
- WSAW. Gov. Evers creates broadband task force.
- WEAU. Gov. Evers appoints Ho-Chunk Nation Member Missy Tracy to Council on Tourism.
- Rep. Shankland. Responds to reversal of rule in international students.
- A Better Wisconsin Together. Robin Vos accepts government-funded PPP loan worth up to $300,000 after maligning recipients of government aid.
- AG Kaul. Reacts to Trump administration changing new visa rule for international students following lawsuit filing.
- AG Kaul. Announces judgment requiring environmental restoration and $100,000 penalty.
- AG Kaul. And multistate coalition urging the U.S. Senate to increase childcare funding in next federal stimulus package.
- DWD. Grants $4.9 million Youth Apprenticeship state grants to serve 5,900 students.
- WEDC. City of Beloit receives $250,000 state grant to support redevelopment of Beloit Riverwalk.
- DOC. Media notification.
- WJFW. Environmental groups question Enbridge pipeline hearing.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Cintas to close facility in Menomonee Falls.
- Politico. 'Here's your check': Trump's massive payouts to farmers will be hard to pull back.
- Baraboo News Republic. Baraboo Burger Company announces asymptomatic COVID-19 cases, plan to stay closed until Monday.
- Bloomberg. America's jobless are about to lose their $600-a-week lifeline.
- New York Times. Millions have lost health insurance in pandemic-driven recession.
- Milwaukee Patch. 2 restaurants close, citing COVID-19-related financial hardship.
- WJFW. Oneida County Health Department promotes contact tracing.
- DMA. National Guard Bureau chief visits Wisconsin; praises Guard COVID-19 efforts.
- DMA. New technology increases efficiency at Wisconsin National Guard COVID-19 testing sites.
- UW-Stevens Point. Intercollegiate sports at branch campuses paused.
- U.S. News & World Report. 4 more states added to NY's coronavirus quarantine list.
- CBS 58. Mayor Barrett signs mandatory mask ordinance into effect in Milwaukee.
- WBAY. Mask ordinance takes effect Tuesday for Appleton owned buildings, Neenah residents discuss own mandate.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Increased call for mask-wearing in Chippewa Valley as virus cases rise.
- WDIO. Ashland and Bayfield counties issue emergency mask advisory.
- The Hill. Analysis: 23 million families could face eviction by October due to pandemic.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Milwaukee enacting citywide mandatory mask ordinance.
- WXOW. County COVID-19 investigation team playing catch up after case surge.
- WAOW. Wausau committee tables decision on mask requirement.
- WAOW. Portage Co. Committee discusses proposed face covering mandate.
- WISC. Public health department leans on voluntary compliance first, can fine hundreds of dollars if needed.
- NBC 26. Green Bay committee does not pass recommendation for mask ordinance.
- WFRV. JuBriCoSa staff member tests positive for COVID-19, Fox Valley arts academy shuts down summer program.
- WEAU. Community testing held in Trempealeau County amidst an increase in COVID-19 cases.
- WKBT. La Crosse Labor Day Parade, festivities canceled due to COVID-19.
- WQOW. Chippewa Valley sees weekend spike in COVID-19 cases.
- Wisconsin Center for Nursing. Wisconsin Registered Nurse Supply and Demand Forecasts Results - 2018-2040. Report.
- Wisconsin Water Alliance. Mike Huebsch elected president.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Wisconsin Indigenous leaders see 'breakthrough' in name change for Washington NFL team.
- WISN. Effort under way to get rid of public schools' Native American mascots, nicknames.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Wendy Allen Nora.
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin. Files brief to protect registered voters from polling list purge.
- The Center Square. UW President 'fully supports' lawsuit to allow foreign students to stay in the U.S., despite ICE ruling.
- Marquette University. Biomedical engineering professor honored with Teaching Excellence Award.
- UW-Eau Claire. Award-winning instructor shares passion for mathematics.
- Marquette University. Biological Science professor receives $900,000 National Science Foundation grant for tropical forest research.
- UW-Eau Claire. Blugold beginnings coding camp goes virtual this summer.
- MPS. Releases school reopening recommendation.
- The Hill. Trump administration rescinds foreign students rule.
- Reuters. U.S. public schools, focus of debate on reopening, are unsung economic force.
- Beloit Daily News. Turner school board approves tentative fall reopening plan with safety measures.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. MPS plan for bringing students and teachers back to classrooms would start school year with virtual learning, cost $90 million.
- Janesville Gazette. UW-Whitewater chancellor calls ICE order on international students 'troubling.'
- WTMJ. Black Educators Caucus MKE pushes for 14-days of no new COVID-19 cases before returning to classroom.
- WTMJ. MPS proposing reopening with no students in school buildings. CBS 58.
- NBC 15. Concerns over reopening local schools in the fall.
- Fox 11. Algoma school district releases return to school plan.
- Waukesha County Health and Human Services. And Carroll University partner to launch Contact Investigator Training Program.
- WQOW. Chippewa County sees highest homelessness count of 2020.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. 'This is genocide': Oversight Republican call for National Security hearing on Chinese Government's persecution of the Uighur people.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joins Senate Dems in demanding opportunity to review any relevant President's daily briefs and other key NSC materials related to reports on Russia's operation to offer bounties for killing American troops.
- U.S. Rep. Steil. Joins Racine County Sheriff's Department for ride along.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Johnson opposes 'even a dime more' in economic stimulus until issues addressed.
- AP. Trump team eyes school funding boost in next virus aid bill.
- Allen for 97th Assembly. To hold business breakfast fundraiser.
- Ebben for 3rd Congress. Retired Colonel James Olson Endorses.
- Priorities USA Action. Releases new TV ads: Donald Trump is failing Americans, Joe Biden leads with unity and hope.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Special interest electioneering begins in legislative races.
- Politico. Wisconsin Democratic Party raises $10M as battle for the state heats up.
- Fox 6. 'Safest way to vote is by mail:' 250K Milwaukee households will receive postcard to request absentee ballot.
- Racine Journal Times. Where do the Democrats challenging U.S. Rep. Bryan Steil stand on the issues?
- Fox 11. USPS releases information about missing Fox Valley absentee ballots, questions remain.
- USA Today. Go big or play it safe? Electoral map widens for Joe Biden and Democrats, but with risk.
- USA Today. Biden is winning the young and the old in Wisconsin. Trump is winning the middle-aged.