Friday July 30, 2021 - Updated 3:05pm
- WSAW. Gov. Evers declares State of Emergency due to widespread damage
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Gov. Tony Evers declares state of emergency in response to overnight storms that caused damage across Wisconsin
- Sen. Darling. Audit Shows More Failures by Evers’ Administration
- AG Kaul. Joins Coalition Urging Congress to Permanently Extend Expanded Child Tax
- Speaker Vos. Announcement regarding election investigation.
- Joint Audit Co-Chairs Cowles, Kerkman. Audit reports noncompliance with unemployment insurance appeals timeliness.
- LAB. Report 21-11: Fraud, Waste and Mismanagement Hotline.
- Sen. Marklein. Column: The Best Legislation Comes From You
- Rep. Dittrich. Tours tornado damage in Concord.
- WKOW. DHS pushes back on GOP lawmaker’s move to block UW COVID policy
- Cap Times. Tommy Thompson warns lawmakers against limiting UW's COVID-19 response
- Wisconsin State Journal. Republican tries to block UW campuses from mandatory virus testing, vaccination rules
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin Senator Aims To Block State Universities From Requiring COVID-19 Testing, Masking
- U.S. News & World Report. Republican to Block UW Virus Testing, Vaccination Rules
- Cap Times. Wisconsin lawmakers renew effort to require informed consent for pelvic exams under anesthesia
- Wisconsin National Guard. Branches out for 2021 Annual Training
- DOT. 42 Wisconsin State Patrol cadets become officers at graduation ceremony
- DNR. The C.A. Lawton Co. Becomes First Green Tier Participant to Receive Special New Air Permit
- Lower Wisconsin State Riverway Board. To meet in Boscobel.
- DNR. Wisconsin NRB Meeting Aug. 11
- AARP Wisconsin. Sounds alarm on vaccination rates for Wisconsin nursing homes staff.
- Wisconsin United for Freedom. 38 Wisconsin parent groups reject lockdowns and forced masking in open letter to President Biden and WI Governor Evers.
- Eau Claire Leader Telegram. EC health department: No current plans to require mask-wearing
- NBC 15. Vaccine mandate for Dane Co. employees ‘on the table,’ official says
- Wisconsin Public Radio. 'Let's Not Get There': Local Leaders Reluctant To Renew Mask Mandates
- Fox 6. Masks indoors at Wisconsin State Fair per CDC recommendations
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Ron Johnson criticizes new CDC guidance, questions effectiveness of masks despite research showing they reduce COVID spread
- Racine Journal Times. 'Now is not the time to relax': Amid spike in COVID-19, Racine County officials continue to urge vaccinations
- Customers First! Coalition. New podcast episode: Thinking outside the landfill: Solar panel recycling.
- UW-Eau Claire. Geology major embraces variety of opportunities after transferring to UW-Eau Claire
- UW-Stout. Third time’s the charm for veteran who returns to school, earns degree, lands job
- Milwaukee Council President Johnson. Incoming, outgoing VISIT Milwaukee chairs highlight strength of our city
- WXPR. Scientific Team Creates Underground Map to Address Rhinelander PFAS Problems
- Racine Journal Times. City of Racine moves to boost funds for those threatened with eviction
- U.S. Rep. Gallagher. Leads Republicans in Calling on CDC to Release Info on Breakthrough Infections of COVID-19
- U.S. Rep. Fitzgerald. Signs Title 42 Discharge Petition, Biden Reverses Decision
- U.S. Rep. Fitzgerald. Cosponsors Bill to Counter Chinese Aggression
- U.S. Sens Johnson, Paul, Lankford, Scott and Hawley. Demand Chairman Peters Hold Biden Administration Accountable, Serve Subpoenas to Get Answers for the American People
Thursday July 29, 2021
- Gov. Evers. Signs Executive Order #128 Declaring a State of Emergency Due to Severe Weather. Executive Order #128.
- WEAU. Gov. Evers signs contract for improvement project in Eau Claire
- Rep. Hebl. Statement on the proposed JCRAR motion on UW System COVID protocols.
- Rep. Brandtjen. Responds to WEC's statement on recent election misinformation.
- Conservatives for a Clean Energy Future. Names 2021 Clean Energy Champions.
- Various Legislators. Letter to U.S. District Judge Peterson regarding Lincoln Hills.
- Rep. Subeck. Cries foul on Republican committee chair's fast-tracked proposal to undermine health and safety measures on UW campuses.
- Coalition of Physicians and Medical Schools. Memo in opposition to 2021 Assembly Bill 396
- UW System. Statement on proposed JCRAR resolution.
- Sen. Nass. Moving to block UW System Covid-19 mandates.
- DOA Secretary Brennan. Presents $70,000 in Regional Coastal Grant Awards to Sheboygan Area Officials
- DNR. New Zealand Mudsnails Discovered In Two
New Southern Wisconsin Streams
- DWD. Three State Agencies Come Together to Celebrate the Opening of the New Robert E. Ellsworth Correctional Center Job Center and to Highlight the Importance of Justice-Involved Programming
- DATCP. Farmstead Meats Issues Class I Recall of Jerky Products
- Chippewa Herald. Wisconsin DNR leaders promise continued focus on clean water
- WQOW. Wisconsin DNR, DHS introduce ‘Safe Water For All’ campaign
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Regulators Vow To Meet Water Quality Challenges Despite Pushback From Industry, Lawmakers
- WISN. Businesses follow new CDC guidelines, recommend customers mask up
- NBC 26. Local businesses discuss whether to require masks as CDC reverses guidelines
- WTMJ. City of Racine now requiring masks in city buildings amid COVID-19 spike
- CBS 58. 'Get vaccinated' is the united message Wisconsin health officials say amidst COVID-19 spike
- WISC. ‘If we were all getting vaccinated, we wouldn’t even be here right now’: Frustration grows over mask recommendations
- WBAY. CDC: Florence, Pepin counties lead state in spreading COVID-19
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin COVID-19 Cases 7-Times Higher Than Month Ago
- WXPR. Several Northwoods Counties in High or Substantial COVID Transmission Category
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Department Of Health Services: 'We're On The Path To A 4th Surge'
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation. Launches Statewide Sustainability Series
- Dairy Business Association, Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative. Dairy groups connect members with lawmakers, reguatory issues.
- Wisconsin Pork Association. Names 2021 Hall of Fame inductee Todd Brewer.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. With poor data, deficient requirements and little oversight, massive public spending still hasn't solved the rural internet access problem
- Cap Times. Tight property tax limits could have unintended consequences, report finds
- UW-Madison. UW researchers join three national artificial intelligence institutes
- Marsy's Law for Wisconsin. And Bolton Refuge House Display Silhouettes in Eau Claire Raising Awareness of Victims’ Rights
- Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association. Michael Stohler named chief investment officer.
- UW-Eau Claire. Summer research experiences at Mayo Clinic Health System shape Blugolds' future career plans
- UW-Milwaukee. Architecture alum gives $1 million to UWM
- Marquette University. Marquette Law School Poll to release national survey of public views of the U.S. Supreme Court, Aug. 4
- City of Madison. Hiring Crossing Guards
- Milwaukee County Sup. Clancy. Applauds probable cause decision in death of Jay Anderson, Jr.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Ortiz-Velez. Resolution Supporting Fentanyl Testing Strip Legalization Adopted by County Board
- Milwaukee Alds. Johnson, Coggs. Council approves legislation exploring use of ARPA funding to provide retroactive hazardous duty pay to certain city employees
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joins Colleagues in Letter Urging Senate Leadership to Invest in Workforce Development
- Milwaukee County Sup. Cullen. Proposal to increase wages and cover training costs for lifeguards adopted.
- Washington County Exec. Schoemann. Washington County creates, delivers first ever newsletter to more than 55,000 residents August 2021.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. Co-Sponsors Bills to Protect Americans’ First Amendment Rights and Prevent Big Tech and Big Government from Colluding to Censor Free Speech
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Applauds Passage of Appropriations Bills Containing Millions for Wisconsin’s 2nd Congressional District
- WPHCA, Wisconsin Hospital Association, Vivent Health. Wisconsin Health Care Groups Support Federal Legislation to Protect Access to the Health Care Safety Net and Affordable Medications for Wisconsin Patients
- AP. Infrastructure deal: Senate suddenly acts to take up bill