From The Wheeler Report Blog
The Election tables listed below are candidates who have declared candidacy. Please note, the listings are in no particular order,...
As school districts prepare for the 2020-21 school year, some are planning in-person classes, some are planning virtual classes, and...
As child care centers in Wisconsin struggle to stay open, they are looking for guidance on best practices and resources...
Executive Order #95: Declaring a State of Emergency and Public Health Emergency
Emergency Order #1: Requiring face coverings
: COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease)
: COVID-19: Wisconsin Summary Data (Updated at 2pm daily)
Wednesday November 25, 2020 - Updated 5:21pm
- Gov. Evers. Announces Tourism Secretary-designee Meaney Leaving Administration
- Gov. Evers. Delivers Radio Address, Encourages Wisconsinites to Take Care of their Mental Health this Holiday Season
- WFRV. Gov. Evers appoints Tricia Walker to the Fond du Lac County Circuit Court
- Sen. Smith. Column: Be thankful for each other.
- DHS. Launches multimedia campaign encouraging Wisconsinites to enter health care field.
- DNR. Butternut Lake musky regulation change
public meeting Dec. 3.
- DWD. October local employment and unemployment data released. Statistics.
- DNR. Wisconsin Natural Resources Board virtual meeting Dec. 9.
- OCI. Bulletin, November 25, 2020, moving to electronic license/registration renewal notifications - February 1, 2021.
- WEDC. 23 businesses named finalists for 2020 MARKETPLACE Governor's Awards.
- AP. US jobless claims up for 2nd straight week as virus worsens
- WKOW. Head of DWD making ‘headway’ in reducing backlog of unemployment claims
- NBC 26. Wisconsin music industry continues to struggle during pandemic
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Mayo Clinic: COVID-19 Positive Test Rate Is Dropping At Midwest Hospitals, Except In Southwest Wisconsin
- The Hill. US records deadliest COVID-19 day since early May
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Experts: A negative COVID-19 test isn’t a ‘free pass’ for a big Thanksgiving
- WKBT. Rising COVID-19 numbers causes Mayo Clinic Health System staff to make a shift
- Madison.com. Mayo Clinic research shows masks help protect both wearer and those nearby from COVID-19
- WDIO. Northland hospitals hope holiday gatherings will not result in "tipping point"
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Eleven Wisconsin prisoners are dead from COVID-19. Protesters say Gov. Tony Evers should use clemency to reduce prison populations.
- U.S. News & World Report. Evers Says Skip Holiday Parties as State Sets Virus Record
- Fox 11. Wisconsinites urged to stay home as deaths break record, but other metrics fall
- NBC 15. Health officials report rising coronavirus numbers in Rock County
- WISC. Minnesota Gophers cancel game against Badgers due to confirmed COVID-19 cases
- WKOW. Wisconsin’s rural hospitals in difficult position during COVID-19 spike
- Racine Journal Times. COVID outbreak at Dover veterans home appears over, but not until after it took 10 lives
- WISC. ‘I was not sentenced to death’: As COVID-19 surges through Wisconsin prisons, New Lisbon inmates call for safer procedures
- NBC 15. Last responders: Funeral homes feel weight of Wisconsin COVID deaths
- Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative. Waves or ripples? Too early to tell what lies ahead for U.S. trade policy.
- Wisconsin's Green Fire. Policy Briefing Event: Creating a Shared Vision for Wolves in Wisconsin — Wisconsin’s GreenFire Releases Opportunities Now Report on Wolves
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Gymfinity v. Dane County - Order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. School Choice Wisconsin Action v. Bowersox - order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Kaul v. Wisconsin Legislature - order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Cole J. White.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 'They counted last time, why wouldn't they count this time?' Dane County voters baffled and angry over effort to throw out their ballots
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. As recount continues, group sues to stop Wisconsin from certifying its results and 386 unopened absentee ballots are found
- AP. Republicans sue to stop Wisconsin vote certification
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Lawsuit Asks Wisconsin Supreme Court To Throw Out Results Of Presidential Election
- WKOW. Trump campaign argues ballots dropped off at ‘Democracy in the Park’ should be thrown out
- UW-Eau Claire. Rice Lake school social worker to discuss how poverty impacts children's learning.
- UW-Eau Claire. Continuing Education announces December program offerings.
- Edgewood College. Angela Salas, Ph.D., Announced as New Vice President for Academic Affairs
- UW-La Crosse. Finding his 'Voice' UWL alum Aaron Scott stars on hit singing show.
- Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association. GivingTuesday will help fill critical needs at UW–Madison
- UW-Stout. Sweet deal: Technology education students build candy dispensing machines
- UW-Stout. Report finds study abroad strengthens soft skills and cultural awareness, improves career prospects
- Reuters. Special Report: To reopen or not to reopen - That is the fraught question for U.S. schools
- WISC. UW System offering tuition credit to student nurses who help with health care crisis over winter break
- WTMJ. Sheboygan School District extends virtual learning until late January
- WCLO. Evansville School Board reaffirms decision to forgo winter sports
- Fox 11. Green Bay schools delay winter sports while other districts move forward
- Milwaukee County Exec. Crowley. Milwaukee County House of Correction to launch soft opening of Alternate Care Facility on Saturday, November 28.
- City of Madison. Turkey, cookies, cakes: avoid sewer emergencies this holiday.
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. City to Fly Ho-Chunk Nation Flag at Madison Municipal Building
- Waukesha County. LaFontain appointed to Board of Supervisors District 7.
- Milwaukee Ald. Lewis. Common Council approves CARES Act funding measures.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. And Pocan lead lawmakers in calling on president of Egypt to immediately release wrongfully detained human rights advocates.
- Politico. Appropriators strike deal on funding totals to avoid December shutdown
- Milwaukee County Clerk Christenson. Milwaukee County recount back on schedule.
- Center for Media and Democracy. Joins Legal Community Call to End Baseless Claims of Election Fraud
- Spectrum News. Day 5 of Dane Co. Recount: Still Slightly Behind, Focus Shifting to City of Madison
Tuesday November 24, 2020
- Gov. Evers. And Lt. Gov. Barnes Hear from More Than 300 Wisconsinites at Virtual Budget Listening Session
- WISN. Lower Potawatomi revenue impacts budgets of state, city, county
- Sen. Cowles, Rep. Kerkman. Audit recommends improvements for SWIB.
- Rep. Gundrum. Remembers Alderman Steve Hoogester.
- Sen. Bewley. And Hintz call on Trump administration to extend National Guard funding. Letter.
- U.S. Rep. Tiffany. Calls on Evers, Legislative Leaders, to Work Together to Craft “Realistic, Workable, and Data-Based” COVID-19 Guidelines
- LAB. Report 20-23: State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Briefing Sheet. Highlights.
- DNR. Wisconsin walleye management plan
virtual meeting Dec. 8.
- DOR. Columbus contractor charged with withholding tax theft.
- DWD. Releases information on unemployment data.
- DMA. Wisconsin NextGen9-1-1 GIS data standard and best practices guide now available.
- DNR. Preliminary nine-day deer hunt harvest totals and license sales now available.
- ETF. Office Closure - Thanksgiving 2020
- U.S. News & World Report. DNR: Opening Weekend Deer Harvest up 2.3% From 2019
- Citizens Utility Board. Savings extended for another year for MG&E customers.
- We Energies. Largest rooftop solar panel system in Wisconsin history now sending clean energy to customers
- The New North. Six entrepreneurs advance to Dec. 3 NEW Launch Alliance HATCH event
- NFIB Wisconsin. Wisconsin small business continue to struggle during pandemic, need support.
- Racine Journal Times. Foxconn neither confirms nor denies report it will build servers for Google in Mount Pleasant
- Public Health Madison & Dane County. COVID-19 vaccine not likely to be available to the public until Spring 2021 or later
- Racine Public Health. Updates Safer Racine ordinance.
- Fond du Lac Reporter. Wisconsin reports more than 100 deaths from COVID-19 in one day for first time
- Reuters. ‘We’re drowning’: COVID cases flood hospitals in America’s heartland
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Officials: High Coronavirus Community Spread Remains Greatest Threat To Wisconsin Veterans Homes
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Nearly 300 Wisconsin nursing home residents died from COVID-19 in four weeks, 10 times more than the month before
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Bucks Announce No Fans Policy, As Packers Move Closer To Welcoming Public
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Eau Claire nurse reveals stress, fear associated with caring for flood of COVID-19 patients
- Fond du Lac Reporter. Fond du Lac County health officer announces 6 more COVID-19-related deaths Monday
- Lake Geneva Regional News. County health department urges return to phase 1, what does that mean for schools, businesses?
- WISC. Dane County Jail COVID-19 outbreak nearly doubles over weekend as inmates say they feel unsafe
- Politico. CDC urges overwhelmed contact tracers to prioritize efforts as cases soar
- AP. Thanksgiving could be make-or-break in US virus response
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Coronavirus numbers dip after deadliest week of pandemic, but hospitals still struggling
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. 'Not sure how long we can hold the line': With hospitals full, doctors and scientists beg Wisconsinites to stay home for Thanksgiving
- Wisconsin State Journal. Another inmate dead as COVID-19 cases surpass 8,000 in Wisconsin prison system
- WFRV. Just over 25% of the latest COVID-19 tests come back positive in Wisconsin
- WKBT. Coulee Collaborative reports 33rd La Crosse County COVID-19 death
- WCCO. COVID Dial Back Has Minnesotans Flocking To Wisconsin Bars And Restaurants
- WEAU. Local, state COVID stats as WI’s 7 day average of new cases drops to fewer than 6,000 for first time since Nov. 11
- Racine Journal Times. City of Racine announces stricter rules amid 'seemingly uncontrolled spread' of the coronavirus
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Turkey Triage and Wisconsin school musicians highlight Thanksgiving specials on Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Wisconsin Farmers Union. To host estate planning workshops in December.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Gymfinity v. Dane County - order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Wisconsin Voters Alliance v. Wisconsin Elections Commission - order.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Wisconsin Voters Alliance v. Wisconsin Elections Commission - Emergency petition for original action.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Wisconsin Voters Alliance v. Wisconsin Elections Commission - Memo in support of emergency petition for original action.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Wisconsin Voters Alliance v. Wisconsin Elections Commission - Expert report of Matthew Braynard.
- Madison Mayor Rhodes-Conway. Statement of Mayor Rhodes-Conway regarding recent lawsuit on COVID restrictions.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Letter to the Wisconsin Supreme Court on Legal Challenges to Redistricting
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Ann T. Bowe.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Michael R. Bauer.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. School Choice Wisconsin Action v. Bowersox - Response of respondents in opposition to the emergency petition for an original action.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Response of respondents Dottie-Kay Bowersox and City of Racine Public Health Department in opposition to the emergency motion for a temporary injunction.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. School Choice Wisconsin Action v. Bowersox - Affidavit in opposiiton to the emergency petition for an original action and emergency motion for a temporary injunction.
- WKOW. ‘It just needs to be implemented fairly’: Fitchburg gymnastics academy joins suit over mass gatherings order
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Conservative Group Asks Court To Block Dane County Order On Private Gatherings
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. In new challenge, Evers and Kaul ask to throw out part of Wisconsin's lame-duck laws
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Group sues Dane County over its limits on indoor gatherings ahead of Thanksgiving
- UW System. Initiates incentives for student nurses to assist in health care crisis.
- UW-Whitewater. Defeats Northwestern University and University of Chicago to compete in Fed Challenge national semifinals
- UW-Eau Claire. Dr. Paula Lentz receives national teacher-scholar award in business communication.
- UW-Madison. 2020 AAAS Fellows at UW–Madison apply scholarship to science, policy
- Marquette University. Professor recognized nationally for achievements in furthering teaching of German
- Edgewood College. Remembering Longtime Professor Esther Heffernan, O.P.
- RiverTowns. River Falls middle school goes virtual; winter sports, extracurriculars suspended districtwide until at least Dec. 5
- Fox 11. Green Bay schools look for solutions to online learning struggles
- WXOW. UW-L, Viterbo suspend athletics due to COVID
- Wisconsin Public Radio. As Wisconsin Teachers' Unions Call For Statewide Shutdown Criteria, Evers Doubles Down On Local Control
- Milwaukee County Board Supervisor Taylor. And dream team united to host free Thanksgiving community event.
- Milwaukee Mayor Barrett. Names Leon Todd as Executive Director of the Fire and Police Commission.
- ACLU of Wisconsin. Responds to reports indicating that the Wauwatosa Police Department inflates public records information costs.
- City of Madison. Fluffy, slushy snow arrives, brush up on salt use in 3 easy steps.
- Milwaukee County Board Chairwoman Nicholson. Selected to join TEMPO Milwaukee's Emerging Women Leaders.
- AP. Texts: US census manager told counters to use fake answers
- Fox 11. Milwaukee County could complete recount as soon as Wednesday
- WTMJ. President Trump’s latest claims about Wis. absentee ballots debunked by election officials
- AP. Biden transition gets govt OK after Trump out of options
- Newsweek. Wisconsin GOP Chair Says Republicans Are 'Trying to Disenfranchise People,' Amid Post-Election Turmoil