From The Wheeler Report Blog
WEEK IN REVIEW DOT Sec. Gottlieb announced Colonel JD Lind as State Patrol Superintendent. DPI announcements/releases: School district state aid...
SCHOOL REFERENDA SET FOR OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER There are 67 school referenda scheduled for October and November. The referenda are...
Friday October 21, 2016 - Updated 4:54pm
- WBAY. Gov. Walker addresses proposal for new prison in Brown County.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Flooded Wisconsin counties to get federal help, governor says.
- Wisconsin Grocers Association. Senator Fitzgerald to receive "Friend of Grocers" award.
- Wisconsin Grocers Association. Rep. Rodriguez to receive "Friend of Grocers" award.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Little-known change to Wisconsin voting law could affect voters who plan to mail in absentee ballots this November.
- DOT Sec. Gottlieb. Announces appointment of Colonel JD Lind as Wisconsin State Patrol Superintendent.
- WEDC. Catalent Pharma Solutions expanding in Madison.
- DWD. Meetings and hearings, Oct. 24-28.
- DWD. Receives $1.5 million grant to expand successful apprenticeship program.
- DNR. Staff to host online chronic wasting disease chat Oct. 31 at noon.
- DHS. Announces Graduate Medical Education Grants.
- DSPS. Meetings, week of Oct. 24.
- DOR. Two dentists charged with state tax fraud. Complaint.
- CBS 58. DOJ criminal investigation administrator out.
- WXOW. Wisconsin may expand funding for manure digester technology.
- Eau Claire-Leader Telegram. Very berry Wisconsin: State again leads nation in cranberry production.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Energy firm Enbridge lays off 500 workers, including dozens in Twin Ports.
- Wisconsin Railroad Association. Freight Rail Day held in Green Bay.
- WBAY. FBI addresses reality of child sex trafficking in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Stephen B. Manion.
- WKOW. Obama administration appeals transgender bathroom directive injunction.
- DPI. Wisconsin, Racine, and Milwaukee voucher enrollments announced.
- DPI. First year figures for Special Needs Scholarship Program announced.
- UW-Stout. Professor's short film receives award at Flyway Film Festival.
- UW-Madison. UW botanist leads petition to give Venus flytrap endangered species protection.
- UW-River Falls. Makes the Princeton Review's list of environmentally responsible green colleges.
- UW-Madison. Study links changes in collagen to worse pancreatic cancer prognosis.
- La Crosse Tribune. Districts see disappointing results in state tests, ACT scores slip.
- Milwaukee Mayor Barrett. Statement regarding the charges against and arrest of Dominique Heaggan-Brown.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Brown County's methamphetamine problem growing.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Applauds $50.5 million DOL grants to expand apprenticeships as Sec. Perez plans to make announcement at Madison College today.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Announces $1.5 million to expand apprenticeship opportunities across Wisconsin.
- RPW. Senator Feingold's Social Security hypocrisy.
- Johnson for U.S. Senate. What they are saying: Senator Feingold's opioid lie "Furthest Thing From The Truth."
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO. Hillary Clinton is the champion working families need. Mailer. Mailer.
- Nelson for 8th Congress. In new TV ad, Tom Nelson makes the choice clear to voters.
- Solen for 1st Congress. On his candidacy and why he shows up to every invitation he can.
- La Crosse Tribune. Local clerks: Trump's election rigging allegations 'offensive.'
- WSAW. Duffy: Paul Ryan's speakership not in jeopardy.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Scott Walker presidential campaign debt down to $382,000.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Where state candidates stand on student debt.
- Superior Telegram. Congressional candidates talk issues.
- WBAY. Chelsea Clinton returns to Wisconsin Oct. 25.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin election officials welcome Trump's call for more poll watchers.
- Fox 11. Johnson, Feingold run dueling TV ads on Social Security.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Election 2016: 49th Assembly District.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Election 2016: 5th Congressional District.
- Johnson for U.S. Senate. What they are saying: Ad blitz cuts through clutter.
- The Hill. Trump may pose problem for Ryan in Speaker vote.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Decision 2016: 67th Assembly District.
- Beloit Daily News. Loudenbeck, Anderson compete for district seat.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Duffy, Hoeft race heats up in election's last month.
- Racine Journal Times. Paul Ryan's donations to state GOP reach $1 million.
- Medill Reports Chicago. Wisconsin's U.S. Senate race heats up, and experts expect a Democratic victory.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Feingold-Johnson: Political becomes personal.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Trump and Clinton on toll roads.
- Portage Daily Register. Olsen-Smith Senate race features two 'moderates.'
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Ivanka Trump stumps for father in Wauwatosa.
- WEAU. Ivanka Trump highlights family issues during Eau Claire campaign stop.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Trump outpaces Clinton in Wisconsin TV ads.