From The Wheeler Report Blog
The Wheeler Report sat down with Reps. Gannon and Fields to talk about the Assembly Urban Revitalization committee. PURPOSE FOR...
This week Gwyn and Brian give an update on budget negotiations, talk about noneconomic caps on medical malpractice, and retiring...
Tuesday July 25, 2017 - Updated 4:45pm
- Sens. Bewley, Erpenbach; Reps. Pope, Hintz. Property taxpayer costs triple under GOP voucher plan. LFB Memo.
- Joint Finance Committee Democrats. Letter to Joint Finance co-chairs on DVA budget.
- WKOW. Sen. Scott Fitzgerald talks Foxconn, budget on Capital City Sunday.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. $8.5M reasons Wisconsin GOP wants to expand school vouchers.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. GOP lawmakers want to expand voucher eligibility, but disagree on how much.
- Rep. Sanfelippo. Broad support shown for the DOT reform bill.
- Speaker's Task Force on Foster Care. To hold first hearing.
- WISC. GOP bill could mean $200 charge for electric vehicle owners.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Lawmakers seek to tweak proposed constitutional amendment for victims' rights.
- DNR. Weekly news.
- Board of Commissioners of Public Lands. Nearly $22 million for community projects.
- AG Schimel. Announces Environmental Protection Unit enforcement results.
- DHS. Dementia capable Wisconsin: Awards Dementia Crisis Innovation Grants to seven Wisconsin counties.
- Emergency Management. Southeast Flooding Incident Report 13 - July 24.
- Wisconsin State Journal. DATCP joins the ranks of Wisconsin departments being mimicked by scammers.
- USA Today. After investors build $1 million dam, Wisconsin says it owns lake.
- TDS. To protect your privacy, advises you to check your social media settings.
- WTMJ. Milwaukee Business Journal report: Foxconn expected to build in Racine Co. upon completion of deal.
- WTMJ. Exclusive: Foxconn to make two-stage Wisconsin announcement, but hoops still to jump through.
- Beloit Daily News. Concerns increase in Wisconsin over deal for Foxconn plant.
- Bloomberg. Politics drive Foxconn's U.S. manufacturing aspirations.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Foxconn nearing decision to invest in Wisconsin.
- WISC. Report: Foxconn deal to come in Milwaukee Thursday.
- Madison.com. Supporters, foes clash over underwater oil pipeline's future.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Fawns collared as part of 5-year CWD study.
- Flight for Life. Welcomes new executive director.
- Governing. The unexpected reason panhandling bans are being struck down across the country.
- UW-Madison. Cronon honored by British Academy.
- UW-Madison. Lancaster ag station celebrates half-century study of crop rotation.
- UW Health. Andrew Baschnagel wins UW Carbone award for lung cancer study.
- Marquette University. Marquette English professor receives Way Klingler Fellowship in the humanities.
- Reuters. Student loan borrowers, herded into default, face a relentless collector: the U.S.
- Aging 2.0 Madison. To launch at Forward Fest Silvertech Conference.
- Wisconsin State Journal. $15 million in flood damage to public infrastructure in southern Wisconsin.
- WUWM. Millwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn and Fire and Police Commission remain at odds.
- WBAY. Highways so dangerous, officers would "rather respond to gun calls."
- WXOW. More than $7M in flood damage; $1.4M in Monroe County.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. Applauds U.S. Senate vote to advance effort to repeal Obamacare.
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin. Senate moves to imperil health care for millions.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Sue and settle process undermines our form of government.
- Wisconsin Alliance for Women's Health. Statement on today's U.S. Senate vote on motion to proceed to begin debate on repeal of ACA.
- DPW. Senator Ron Johnson claims he doesn't "have a clue what we're going to be voting on," casts key vote anyway.
- One Wisconsin Now. Statement on Ron Johnson vote.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Votes for bill to keep our promises to Wisconsin veterans.
- Space News. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner: Federal agencies must modernize to be competitive and effective.
- USA Today. Senate Republicans clear key hurdle on Obamacare repeal, but the hard part is still ahead.
- The Hill. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner. Expansion of federal forfeiture threatens property rights.
- The Hill. Senate GOP floats scaled-down healthcare bill.
- The Hill. Unhappy senators complain about healthcare process.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Paul Ryan backs Robert Mueller in interview and talks up tax reform at MillerCoors.
- Marshfield News-Herald. With return of McCain, Senate Obamacare repeal efforts get a boost.