From The Wheeler Report Blog
Episode #26. Brian and Gwyn talk about the busy calendar in the legislature – bill signings, hearings and execs being...
As published by The Wheeler Report – Thursday, April 1, 2010 Executive Action by Assembly Transportation AB-048. Special License Plates...
Friday December 15, 2017 - Updated 5:12pm
- Gov. Walker. Discusses "If You See Something, Say Something" initiative and public safety with law enforcement officials.
- Gov. Walker. Celebrates re-grand opening of Walter E. Olsen Memorial Library.
- Rep. Ballweg. Recognized for work on mental health policy.
- Sen. Shilling, Rep. Hintz. GOP wages war on Elections and Ethics watchdogs.
- Rep. Steineke. New beginnings - Interagency Council on Homelessness takes reins.
- Sen. Fitzgerald. Statement on call for Ethics & Elections administrators' resignations.
- Rep. Sargent. Statement on calls for Elections, Ethics Commissions resignations.
- American Federation for Children. Wisconsin introduces first-of-its-kind Gifted and Talented Education Savings Account.
- Sen. Darling. Bill helps gifted & talented students reach their full potential.
- One Wisconsin Now. GOP leaders threat: Anyone investigating us risks losing their jobs.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. Statement by Michael Haas.
- Speaker Vos. Statement on the future of NAFTA.
- Majority Leader Fitzgerald, Speaker Vos. Letter to Elections Commission Administrator Bell requesting resignation.
- Majority Leader Fitzgerald, Speaker Vos. Letter to Elections Commission Administrator Haas requesting resignation.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Lawmakers propose program to give money to 'gifted' children in low-income households.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Personal finance education added to agenda at Wisconsin schools.
- Cap Times. Fitzgerald: Wisconsin Senate will move to force Haas, Bell out if they don't resign.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. After John Doe leak, GOP leaders Scott Fitzgerald and Robin Vos want commission heads to resign.
- WISC. State bill would override local wheel tax.
- WQOW. ECASD officials optimistic about new public school funding task force.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Robin Vos, Scott Fitzgerald to state ethics, elections chiefs: Resign.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. Wisconsin 'dark store' cases threaten to hike your property taxes.
- Wisconsin State Journal. State committee hears arguments for and against required referendums for local wheel taxes.
- Janesville Gazette. Janesville School Board asks state for transparency on vouchers.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Atlanta shipwreck in Sheboygan County listed in National Register of Historic Places.
- DMA. Gov. Walker approves buildout plan for first responder network, transforms communications for public safety.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Placed the Fraternal Order of the Eagles on the State Register of Historic Places.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. Deadline approaching for spring election candidates.
- DNR. Hearings and meetings, Dec. 18-24.
- AG Schimel. West Salem man convicted of first-degree intentional homicide.
- AG Schimel. Continues to fight opioid epidemic through prevention, treatment, and enforcement.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Placed the Luther Memorial Church on the State Register of Historic Places.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Placed the Vincent McCall Company building on the State Register of Historic Places.
- DSPS. Meetings, week of Dec. 18.
- Portage Daily Register. Conditions at Portage prison much improved, officials report.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Agency absorbs work of state's former watchdog of for-profit colleges, but without its former director.
- M-WERC. Hosts third annual Demo Day for WERCBench Labs graduates.
- Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council. Evinrude achieves Wisconsin Green Masters Level status.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. As milk prices stall, Wisconsin dairy farmers disagree on how to turn market around.
- Fox 6. "Quite surprising:" Mount Pleasant residents get 1st look at Foxconn construction plans.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. DOT officials planning new four-lane road in Mount Pleasant to meet traffic needs for Foxconn.
- WTMJ. Mt. Pleasant family could lose home in Foxconn battle.
- Bloomberg. How America's inequality is sending the Dow soaring.
- Hoffman Construction. Receives Minnesota DOT 2017 Outstanding Performance Award for TH 1 Eagles Nest project.
- Cap Times. Campaign to end childhood poverty in Wisconsin commits to outcomes, not specific policies.
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign. Schimel's hack job on the John Doe leak.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Michael D. Petersen.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. OLR v. Ronald L. Brandt.
- UW-Stout. Game Expo attracts hundreds to experience students' designs.
- Milwaukee Treasurer Coggs. 2017 City of Milwaukee property tax bills.
- Milwaukee Ald. Rainey. Eager to see fruits of health foods initiative.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joins bipartisan group of senators urging congressional leadership to commit resources to opioid epidemic.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joins colleagues to call on EEOC to address rampant sexual harassment of tipped workers.
- CBS News. GOP senator obtains draft FBI statement on Clinton email investigation.
- WEAU. Kind asking for extension in ACA open enrollment.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin Dems argue GOP put tax reform ahead of children's health coverage.
- Cap Times. Ron Johnson wants U.S. colleges to give students debt info, as WI law requires.
- Bloomberg. Mystery, suspense mount as final plan is due: Tax debate update. New York Times.
- WFRV. Wisconsin lawmakers react to Net Neutrality decision.
- Reuters. U.S. regulators ditch net neutrality rules as legal battles loom. Wisconsin Radio Network.
- DPW. Response to latest GOP tax plan.
- Walker for Governor. ICYMI: Building Wisconsin workforce with minority business partnerships.
- Wachs for Governor. Gov. Walker flew to private campaign event in taxpayer-funded plane.
- U.S. News & World Report. Republican Senate candidates sniping over NRA mailer.
- Cap Times. Paul Ryan dismisses retirement rumors, challengers use them to raise money.
- WBAY. Walker: House Speaker Ryan "not going anywhere."
- Racine Journal Times. Ryan dismisses report that he might step down in 2018. Janesville Gazette.