Friday December 6, 2013 - Updated 4:04pm
- U.S. Rep. Moore. Mourns Nelson Mandela.
- White House. Statement by the President on the death of Nelson Mandela.
- Richards for Attorney General. Statement on the passing of Nelson Mandela.
- Rep. Barnes. Statement on passing of Nelson Mandela.
- Milwaukee Ald. Davis. Loss of Nelson Mandela felt in Milwaukee, worldwide.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Local admirers remember Nelson Mandela.
- Bloomberg. Nelson Mandela, led South Africa past apartheid, dies at 95.
- Gov. Walker. Signs worker training law for people with disabilities.
- Gov. Walker. Participates in New North Summit.
- Survival Coalition. Congratulates the Governor and Legislature for investing in employment of people with disabilities.
- Gov. Walker. Commends UW System on the expansion of the UW Flexible Option degree program.
- Gov. Walker. Participates in groundbreaking for expansion of KI Convention Center in Green Bay.
- Washington Post. Study: Refusing Medicaid expansion will costs states billions of dollars.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Gov. Scott Walker urges accountability, transparency in address to UW Regents.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Walker to discuss skills gap, tax credits at business summit in Green Bay.
- Sheboygan Press. Walker presides over tree lighting ceremony.
- Rep. Knudson. Announces community listening session on heroin legislation.
- Sen.Tiffany; Reps. Czaja, Swearingen. Statement on antlerless deer hunt.
- Reps. Sargent, Hesselbein. Column: GOP-created healthcare crisis highlights the need for redistricting reform.
- Rep. Wright. Column on changes to BadgerCare.
- La Crosse Tribune. Cellphone ban in construction zones sought.
- DVA Sec. Scocos. Remembering Pearl Harbor.
- DNR. Hearings and meetings, December 8-14.
- DOT. Packer travel advisory.
- DWD. Meetings and hearings, Dec 9-13.
- Twin Cities Pioneer Press. DNR called on to cancel northern deer hunt.
- Chippewa Herald. DOJ may have violated state's whistleblower protections in firing agent.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics. November unemployment rate declines (7.0%) payroll employment increases (+203,000).
- Reuters. Struggling Sears to spin off Lands' End.
- Bloomberg. Payrolls rise more than forecast as jobless rate falls.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Mine company submits storm water permit.
- Wisconsin Association for Justice. Elects 2014 leadership team.
- DBMMC. Elects Board of Directors for 2014.
- Wisconsin Bankers Association. Wisconsin small business lenders recognized for their efforts.
- Integrys Group. Holiday ideas from Wisconsin Public Service.
- Capital Times. How ALEC's attack on clean energy affects Wisconsin.
- Duluth News Tribune. Docs group calls for 'radical' change in health care system.
- Stevens Point Journal. Fast food workers demonstrate for higher wages.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Mortgage rates move higher, 5% predicted next year.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Manure spills in 2013 the highest in seven years statewide.
- Daily Reporter. Groups sue feds over foreclosure fighting tactic.
- Integrys Group. WPS Foundation awards area 'innovative' educators.
- UW-Stout. Student animation projects make the grade at MET show.
- Marquette University. Honors first-ever Jesuit pope in Christmas video.
- AT&T. Event marks 3rd anniversary of Wisconsin ban on texting & driving, urges Milwaukee students to never text & drive.
- UW-Madison. Anthropologist, 'underground astronaut' strike fossil gold in South Africa dig.
- UW System. Four more UW institutions to participate in Flexible Option.
- Milwaukee Council President Hines. On passing of former Common Council member E. Fay Anderson.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Waukesha County leaders plan resolution opposing sports arena tax.
- Portage Daily Register. Blowing in the wind: possibly county wind farm rules.
- Milwaukee Busines Journal. Double-decked I-94 hits speed bump at Milwaukee County Board.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Disappointed by EPA's lack of transparency.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Continues fight to make college more affordable.
- Superior Telegram. Wisconsin Congressman says deal close on budget.
- The Hill. Patriot Act author: Obama's intel czar should be prosecuted.
- We Are Green Bay. U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson calls the Affordable Care Act a "disaster."
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. U.S. Sen. Johnson urges making tough fiscal decisions.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Hopes dim for farm bill this year.
- Wisconsin Ag Connection. State corn, biofuel leaders testify against EPA's RFS reduction.
- Daily Reporter. Obama directs gov't to boost use of renewable energy.
- DPW. Despite Republican roadblocks healthcare reform is working for Wisconsin.
- RPW. Republicans blast Mary Burke for paying no state taxes in early 1990s.
- Racine Journal Times. Woman who protested in Racine is working for gubernatorial campaign.
Thursday December 5, 2013
- Gov. Walker. Trims 2013 Wisconsin State Capitol Christmas tree with Wisconsin Traditions ornaments.
- Gov. Walker. Lights 2013 Capitol Christmas Tree.
- Gov. Walker. Weekly radio address.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gov. Scott Walker gaining support for plan to sidestep Obamacare.
- Rep. Knudson. Votes to extend BadgerCare, HIRSP.
- Rep. Shankland. Statement on special session health care vote.
- Rep. Bernier. Votes to extend BadgerCare/Medicaid funding.
- Sen. Harris. Democratic weekly radio address.
- Ashland Daily Press. Still no public hearing for bill banning dogs from wolf hunt.
- Marshfield News Herald. Kulp sworn in, ready to serve district.
- DHS. State officials urge consumers to avoid "tiger meat" and "cannibal sandwiches" during the holidays.
- DNR. Outdoor report.
- DPI. Common Core provides consistent standards to ensure college and career success.
- DOT. 52 people died in traffic crashes last month.
- DATCP. Dupuis gives a snapshot of the Farm Center's mediation program.
- DATCP. As the holidays return, so return holiday returns.
- Wisconsin Historical Society. Magazine stories share the history of winter fun.
- WISC. State won't offer launch date for transparency site amidst delays.
- La Crosse Tribune. DNR considers frac sand-related permit.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin bidding to host Boeing 777x jet production.
- Wisconsin Energy Corporation. Announces capital spending plan and new authorization for share repurchases.
- NFIB Wisconsin. Higher mandatory labor costs will hurt Wisconsin businesses.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis. Gross domestic product, 3rd quarter 2013 (second estimate).
- Dept. of Labor. Unemployment insurance weekly claims report.
- Chippewa Herald. Sweetwater Energies reveal details on expansion into Chippewa County.
- Reuters. U.S. third quarter growth revised up to 3.6%, jobless claims fall.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Pulaski yacht builder to expand workforce by up to 150.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Aurora Health Care raising rates 4.9%, Children's Hospital up 4%.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Janesville's United Alloy adding jobs with expansion.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Diversified Machine to close, eliminating 218 jobs.
- Security Health Plan. "Explain Exchange" Facebook page launched.
- Milwaukee Riverkeeper. Waukesha's revised water diversion proposal still fails to meet Great Lakes Compact.
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin Education Network. Let the people speak on redistricting.
- Racine County Republican Party. The Kenosha casino should move forward.
- USA Today. Mass hack affects almost 2 million Internet accounts.
- Fox 11. USDA: 2013 was year of weather extremes in Wis.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Inner workings of influential pro-business group ALEC revealed.
- District IV Court of Appeals. Dodge County Professional Employees v. Dodge County.
- Alliant Energy Foundation. Offers Community Service Scholarships.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin ranks No. 8 nationally for students graduating with debt.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. UW, UWM scramble to ward off suitors for top professors.
- Dane County Board. County Supervisors propose referendum on marijuana.
- Daryland Power Cooperative. Donates $15,000 to Town of Genoa.
- Milwaukee Ald. Donovan. Attack gives Milwaukee a bloody, broken nose.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Report: Outagamie County's response to August storm followed policy.
- Daily Cardinal. City fast food workers to strike Thursday for increasing minimum wage.
- Reuters. White House says 240,000 jobs lost in 2014 without jobless benefits extension.
- LA Times. Compromise taking shape to avoid another government shutdown.
- Wisconsin Bio Industry Alliance. Testifies at EPA hearing in Washington on renewable fuel standard.
- DPW. Scott Walker's broken promise to Wisconsin's children.
- Spreitzer for State Assembly. Announces run for 45th Assembly District.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Jefferson County DA may jump into attorney general's race.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Walker distances himself from campaign letter.
- Hudson Star Observer. Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke campaigns in Hudson.