Tuesday November 25, 2014 - Updated 4:57pm
- Gov. Walker. Joins tourism industry in support of Wisconsin's "Big Bundle Up" campaign.
- Sen. Carpenter. Governor Walker's administration is out of touch on DOT tax increases.
- WJFW. Northern Wisconsin lawmakers push for geographic diversity on budget committee; Tiffany seeks seat on powerful panel.
- Badger Herald. Some experts say tax decreases cause for gap in 2015-17 state budget.
- Sen. Lassa. Column: Foster care: Giving the gift of family.
- DFI. Lending up 6.2%, net income 2.4% at Wisconsin-chartered banks.
- DOJ. Columbia County defendant pleads to drug and theft charges.
- DNR. Weekly news.
- DOJ. Kristopher Torgerson bound over for trial.
- DOT. Kids can keep busy over Thanksgiving break with aviation art contest.
- DOJ. Seeks to commit Randall Luostari for treatment.
- DOJ. Seeks to commit Larry Whiteeagle for treatment.
- DATCP. Dairy 30x20 grants available for farm innovations, financial planning.
- AG Van Hollen. Announces transition planning underway at the Wisconsin Department of Justice.
- DNR. Opening weekend of Wisconsin's annual nine-day deer season exemplified safe hunting, with hunters of all ages hitting the woods and creating new memories.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Schimel names business lobbyist as top aide. Chippewa Herald.
- Bloomberg. Wisconsin utility sought solar fees after regulator advised CEO.
- La Crosse Tribune. 90K deer registered in Wisconsin season opener.
- Wisconsin Bankers Association. Statement on the release of third quarter 2014 FDIC numbers.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin bank profits increase in third quarter.
- Governing. How states' recent job growth compares.
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. Experts: Wisconsin dairy farmers to rake in big profits.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Pentair cutting up to 60 jobs in Delevan.
- Common Cause in Wisconsin. Impending destruction of Wisconsin's non-partisan, independent Wisconsin G.A.B.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Study predicts longer Lake Michigan basin growing season.
- Wisconsin State Journal. AAA expects Thanksgiving weekend travel to increase this year.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. 70,000 more pages of Walker documents coming.
- UW-Stout. Three honors college students, faculty present at national conference.
- UW-Madison. Two students finalists for Rhodes, Marshall Scholarships.
- UW-Eau Claire. Senior Tayo Sanders II named 2015 Rhodes Scholar.
- MPS. School board's actions cut benefits liability by $2.6 billion over last 6 years.
- MPS. Statement from Michael Bonds, President of the Milwaukee Board of School Directors.
- Baraboo News Republic. School board delays decision on transgender student activity participation policy.
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Statement on Ferguson Grand Jury ruling.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane Buy Local and national independent business advocates launch "Shift Your Shopping."
- RePower Madison. MGE shareholders file clean energy resolutions. 25% renewable resolution. Executive compenstion resolution.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. In response to calls by terror groups to increase attacks globally, Sheriff renews request for the public's vigilance in 'See Something, Say Something' campaign.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Stands up for military families and backs DOD plan for better protection from abusive financial practices.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Baldwin says she hopes nomination process for Hagel's replacement goes smoothly.
- The Hill. FDA rolls out ObamaCare menu regs.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Editorial: FCC's proposed fee increase helps schools and libraries.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. USDA will buy 68M cranberries to help market stabilize.
- Portage Daily Register. Portage familiar to congressman-elect Grothman.
Monday November 24, 2014
- Racine Journal Times. Editorial: No call for drug-testing food stamp recipients.
- DPW. Buyers remorse? Business groups reject GOP's $750 million tax increase proposal.
- WMC. Business groups issue statement on transportation finance.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Business groups object to possible road-tax hike.
- WJFW. Tiffany, Wisconsin GOP skeptical of billions of dollars of budget requests from state agencies.
- Rep. Jorgensen. Invites you to share thoughts at December listening session in Milton.
- Sen. Carpenter. Encourages sending Holiday Mail for Heroes.
- La Crosse Tribune. Editorial: Vos' comments were out of bounds.
- Beloit Daily News. Editorial: School. It's not about the adults.
- Wisconsin State Journal. How green is my Assembly?
- AG Van Hollen. Announces judgment requiring former Crawford County gas station owner to complete site investigation and pay $10,885 in forfeitures, fees and costs.
- DATCP. Black Friday: Hit the stores with a plan.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. State jobs agency chief Reed Hall expected to leave post.
- Chippewa Herald. Wisconsin agency preps for big jump in DNA testing.
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. DNR announces new wetland restoration plan.
- CUNA. Despite signs of economic improvement, consumers unlikely to increase holiday spending, according to 15th annual CFA-CUNA holiday spending survey.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Company hopes to develop frac sand mine.
- National Weather Service. Winter storm warning and weather advisory in effect today and tonight.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Editorial: Obamacare exchanges work, reform not finished.
- USA Today. Four words that could deep-six Obamacare.
- MPS. 3,500 MPS students to connect with colleges, careers, resources at fair.
- AFSCME Council 24. UW-Superior outsourcing scheme reveals imporverished thinking at UW System.
- UW-Madison. AAAS honors four professors for advancing science.
- UW-Stout. University Foundation names senior development officer.
- UW System. New initiative to build capacity of UW System faculty to advance student success.
- Oshkosh Northwestern. Tech school instructors see cuts through rule changes.
- City of Madison. Don't fall into the Thanksgiving food trap.
- Milwaukee Ald. Donovan. Will seek petition drive for streetcar referendum.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Ald. Bob Donovan plans petition for streetcar referendum.
- Racine Journal Times. Casino prep underway.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Federal and county officials promote Affordable Care Act open enrollment period.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Applauds USDA action to support Wisconsin cranberry growers.
- U.S. Sen. Johnson. Announces staff mobile office hours.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. Vermont legislative leaders who pushed for legalization of doctor-prescribed suicide lose in 2014 election.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A Walker presidential bid would bring challenges as second term begins.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Editorial: Walker won't be absentee governor.