From The Wheeler Report Blog
WEEK IN REVIEW Walker signed SB-1 into law Legislative Democrats sent a letter to Gov. Walker regarding electrical codes. Jarchow...
District Amount Type Description Dover #1 $4,200,000 Issue Debt Authorizing general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $4,200,000....
Friday February 24, 2017 - Updated 4:34pm
- Reuters. U.S. governors prepare wish lists for Trump infrastructure promise.
- Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance. (Updated) Proposed state budget relies on surplus now, revenue growth later to boost new spending.
- Sen. Darling and Rep. Nygren. Letter to Congressional delegation regarding Medicaid block grant funding.
- ETF. Provides intial review of 2017-2019 state budget.
- WXOW. Higher registration fees, tollways, gas tax: Experts offer long-term solutions to transportation issues.
- Beloit Daily News. Walker vows to complete I-39/90 work.
- Fond du Lac Reporter. Walker seeks to move public notices to online.
- Rep. Rohrkaste. Announces in-district listening sessions.
- Rep. Brostoff. Condemns use of WI State Troopers against NoDAPL water protectors.
- Speaker Vos. Members of Assembly GOP urge support of U.S. Supreme Court nominee. Letter to Sens. Johnson, Baldwin.
- Rep. Katsma. Statement on Jay Risch's appointment as Department of Financial Institutions secretary.
- Rep. Taylor. No winners in Tony Robinson tragedy, but there is a way forward.
- Sen. Erpenbach. Column: Internationl Women's Day March 8th, 2016.
- Reps. Spreitzer, Zamarripa. Statement on the withdrawal of federal protections for transgender students.
- Wisconsin Law Journal. Cannabis oil bill heads to full Assembly.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Lawmaker considering bill to make job offer deals between candidates illegal.
- DWD. Lt. Governor Kleefisch and Assistant Deputy Secretary Anderson announce available Youth Apprenticeship grants for the 2017-18 school year.
- DNR. Hearings and meetings, Feb. 27-March 5.
- DWD. Meetings and hearings, Feb. 27-March 3.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin Ethics Commission records taken in John Doe leak probe.
- Daily Reporter. State looking to Wangard team for SE Wisconsin crime-lab project.
- Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year. Seven companies win 29th annual Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Awards.
- Current Young Professionals. Future 15 Young Professional Awards presented.
- Menominee Indian Tribe of Wisconsin. Menominee River NAGPRA Affiliation Claim confirmed.
- Functional Biosciences. Achieves CLIA compliance.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin sees spike in flu cases compared to 2016.
- Sen. Hansen. Republicans should stop playing politics with taxpayers' money and adopt non-partisan redistricting reform.
- WI Institute for Law and Liberty. Responds to WI Supreme Court ruling in Voces de la Frontera v. David Clarke.
- Fair Elections Project. Calls upon Legislature to focus on fair map drawing process.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. State Supreme Court sides with Sheriff Clarke in lawsuit brought by Voces de la Frontera.
- One Wisconsin Now. Federal court hears oral arguments in appeals on One Wisconsin Institute, et. al. v. Thomsen, et. al.
- Voces de la Frontera. Responds to disgraceful state Supreme Court ruling.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court. Voces de la Frontera v. David A. Clarke, Jr.
- Courthouse News Service. Seventh Circuit gives little hope to opponents of Wisconsin voter ID law.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Schimel files appeal with SCOTUS over redistricting ruling.
- Chippewa Herald. Court: Sheriff exempt from releasing immigration records.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Federal appeals court to hear Wisconsin's voter ID, early voting cases Friday.
- Reuters. Trump's transgender move puts spotlight on Supreme Court case.
- MPS. Board approves district-wide uniform policy.
- Marquette University. Catholic friar who advocates for migrants to kick off Marquette Democracy Project spring series.
- CBS 58. MPS students will wear school uniforms starting in the fall.
- WAOW. Trump nixing transgender bathroom directive does not impact Wausau schools.
- Fond du Lac Reporter. Experts weigh in on student debt.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. School officials, advocates weigh in on Trump rollback of transgender bathroom guidance.
- Madison Department of Civil Rights. Hires new Affirmative Action Division Manager.
- Best Western Premier Park Hotel. Ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate Capitol Square hotel history.
- Milwaukee County Health and Human Services. Shrout takes on second term as MHB Chair.
- WFRV. Sturgeon Bay will draft a wheel tax ordinance after a unanimous vote by the common council.
- Cap Times. Police union: $3.35 million civil rights suit settlement 'casts a pall' over Matt Kenny, other officers.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Invites Lupe Salmeron, a DREAMer, to Trump's Joint Address to Congress.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. As foreign favors pile up, Democratic senators call on Trump to halt unconstitutional conduct.
- The Hill. Leaked ObamaCare bill outlines GOP plan.
- New York Times. At Democrat's 'listening session,' concern about Trump, minus the jeers.
- Bloomberg. GOP Obamacare plan would cover fewer people; blowback grows.
- USA Today. Cannabis industry roiled by White House comments on enforcement.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Town hall crowd airs concerns for Ron Johnson.
- Fox 11. Sen. Johnson declines invite to town hall in Green Bay.
- Washington Examiner. Scott Walker leaning toward third gubernatorial run.
- Chippewa Herald. Scott Walker compares Trump protests and Act 10 protests: 'Been there, seen that.'
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Sheriff David Clarke tells conservatives to charge elected officials to end sanctuary cities.