From The Wheeler Report Blog
WEEK IN REVIEW The Future of the Family Commission issued a final report to Gov. Walker. Rep. Ripp sent an invitation/questions...
Senate Majority leadership election results: President: Sen. Roger Roth President Pro Tempore: Sen. Howard Marklein Majority Leader: Sen. Scott Fitzgerald...
Friday December 2, 2016 - Updated 4:23pm
- Future of the Family Commission. Issues report to Governor Walker.
- Gov. Walker. Lights Capitol Christmas tree.
- Cap Times. Scott Walker would 'look at' changing recount laws in Wisconsin.
- Door County Pulse. Mystery surrounds governor's biogas announcement.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Commission offers 12 recommendations for strengthening Wisconsin families.
- Ashland Daily Press. Walker holds listening session in Ashland.
- Rep. Ripp. WisDOT questions and invitation to testify at informational hearing.
- Racine Journal Times. Editorial: Time for Wisconsin to pay as we go on roads.
- LAB. Letter to Joint Audit Co-Chairs Cowles, Kerkman.
- LAB. Wisconsin Retirement System. Briefing Sheet. Mobile Briefing Sheet.
- LAB. Wisconsin Retirement System reporting for participating employers. Briefing Sheet. Mobile Briefing Sheet.
- Sen. Shilling. Appoints Taylor, Erpenbach to serve on Joint Finance Committee.
- Daily Reporter. GOP lawmaker to push for full prevailing-wage repeal next year.
- WJFW. Tiffany, Czaja to return to powerful state budget committee.
- Racine Journal Times. Budget committee gets two new GOP Assembly members.
- DWD. Meetings and hearings, Dec. 5-9.
- Rep. Taylor. Time for DNR to cut the politics, not staff.
- DSPS. Meetings, week of Dec. 5.
- OCI. Administrative Actions November 2016.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- DNR Sec. Stepp. Alignment effort emphasizes accountability, provides for greater efficiency in application reviews and permitting.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Walker: New farm permit process won't change final approval process.
- NBC 15. WisDOT: More than 60 dead in November crashes.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Milroy criticizes DNR realignment.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Jury is out on DNR plans for large farms.
- Daily Reporter. With prevailing-wage overhaul next year, industry enters uncharted territory.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Wisconsin frac sand producers bullish about market rebound.
- Wisconsin Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Protecting the health and safety of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. AIDS cases among Wisconsin's youth have doubled over last decade.
- UW-Madison. Weather satellite extends beyond mission, into classrooms.
- UW-Platteville. PostSecret Live coming.
- UW-Madison. Novel catalysts improve path to more sustainable plastics production.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. UW-Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank can't declare sanctuary.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. Sheriff's deputies, other law enforcement agencies volunteer for 10th annual "Shop With a Cop" Saturday.
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Meghan Blake-Horst hired as city's new Street Vending Coordinator.
- Beloit Daily News. Scores sound off on proposed rail plan.
- U.S. Rep. Duffy. On latest Tomah VA scandal: More must be done.
- U.S. Reps. Duffy, Neugebauer. And 40+ lawmakers to CFPB: Proposed rules will hurt neediest among us.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Seeks to restore power of the purse to Congress.
- U.S. Sens. Johnson, Tillis. Request President Obama to implement hiring freeze during transition.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Congratulates House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte on his continued service.
- U.S. Rep. Grothman. Questions Forest Service on its incompetency addressing sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
- Janesville Gazette. Walker talks positively of sheriff looked at by Trump.
- WSAW. Wisconsin lawmakers respond to latest Tomah VA scandal.
- Politico. GOP may delay Obamacare replacement for years.
- RPW. Following historic victories, Chairman Brad Courtney seeks re-election.
- DPW. Announces new executive director.
- Shilling for 32nd Senate. Recount confirms victory.
- One Wisconsin Now. John Humphries wastes no time pledging allegiance to private school voucher cartel.
- WISC. Judge denies temporary restraining order on Wisconsin recount.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Federal judge denies quick halt to recount.
- Wisconsin State Journal. More write-ins this year in Wisconsin than all previous presidential elections combined.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Shilling declares victory after recount with Kapanke.
- ABC News. Lawsuits seek to block or halt Wisconsin, Michigan recounts.
- WBAY. Trump supporters file lawsuit to halt Wisconsin recount.
- WXOW. 32nd Senate recount backs up presidential recount in La Crosse County.
- WBAY. 2 votes changed in Brown County after first day of election recount.
- NBC 26. Breakdown of Wisconsin recount costs and methods by county.
- CBS News. Jill Stein's recount fundraising: What happens to leftover money?
Thursday December 1, 2016
- Wisconsin Technology Council. Applauds state proposal to boost rural broadband.
- TDS. Lauds Governor Walker broadband announcement.
- PSC. Allocates additional $46 million to rural Wisconsin.
- Gov. Walker. Weekly Radio Address; Investing in Broadband.
- Gov. Walker. Calls on state Legislature to pass rural broadband expansion bill. LRB-0047/1.
- One Wisconsin Now. The more things change the more they stay the same: Gov. Scott Walker promotes election falsehoods.
- WBAY. Gov. Walker: President-elect Trump wants to visit Wisconsin soon.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. Walker pushes for expanded rural broadband.
- Advance-Titan. Chancellors talk budget woes.
- Beloit Daily News. Editorial: Vos should take lead on highways.
- WBAY. UW System officials express concerns over upcoming budget.
- Rep. Czaja. Re-appointed to the Joint Committee on Finance.
- Rep. Rohrkaste. Appointed to Joint Committee on Finance.
- Rep. Zepnick. Speaks at Milwaukee Domes grand re-opening, calls for community engagement on Domes' next steps.
- Sen. Tiffany, Rep. Jarchow. Wolf delisting on the bubble.
- Rep. Kooyenga. Re-appointed to serve as Vice-Chair on Joint Finance Committee.
- Rep. Born. Appointed to Joint Committee on Finance.
- Rep. Loudenbeck. Re-appointed to Joint Committee on Finance.
- Speaker Vos. Announces Assembly members of Joint Finance Committee.
- Sen. Shilling. Weekly Democratic radio address: "Expanding Workplace Flexibility."
- Beaver Dam Daily Citizen. Rep. Mark Born appointed to Joint Finance Committee.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Voucher advocate, critic spar at Marquette.
- DOT. 62 people died in traffic crashes last month.
- State Public Defender. Staff recognized as 2016 Unsung Heroes.
- Rep. Milroy. Proposed DNR reorganization and regulatory privatization threatens Wisconsin's natural resources and sporting heritage.
- Rep. Taylor. Group Insurance Board should halt self-insurance deliberations.
- Cap Times. State human resources manager files federal discimination complaint against Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs.
- ETF. GIB selects data warehousing vendor, deliberates program changes.
- Daily Cardinal. UW-Madison staff uncertain on move to self-insurance.
- Bloomberg. Navy's troubled Littoral Combat Ship at crossroads, GAO says.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Wisconsin bank profits slip, while banks nationwide earn more.
- Natural Resources Foundation. Conservation grants available for hiking trails, state parks, habitat restoration, and more!
- WMJ. Obesity in Wisconsin.
- Michael Best. Welcomes Real Estate Associate Jonathan T. Luljak.
- Wisconsin Women's Network. Announces the 2016-17 Policy Institute and 25 participants.
- Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter. Speaker: Wisconsin truth in sentencing 'evil.'
- WAOW. Plan sought to reduce flame retardant toxins in Great Lakes.
- Great Lakes. Commits $2.1 million to help 16 community colleges create paid internships for low-income students.
- UW-Madison. Magnetic brain simulation can bring back stowed memories.
- DPI. Wisconsin earns 'Bright Spot' mention from Data Quality Campaign.
- UW-River Falls. Undergraduate research, scholarly and creative activities showcased.
- MPS. And TCF Bank partner to keep kids in need warm this winter.
- UW-Stout. Hmong New Year to be celebrated Dec. 3 with daylong event.
- Wisconsin State Journal. UW-Madison puts raises on hold after Obama overtime rule blocked.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Omokunde. Sheriff Clarke must resign before more people die.
- Milwaukee County Board Chairman Lipscomb. New $17 million pension administration error disclosed.
- Dane County Exec. Parisi. Dane County opposed to Dakota Access Pipeline project.
- CBS 58. Survey shows majority of people support tearing down, replacing domes.
- Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs. Johnson statement on veteran health care issues at the Tomah VA.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Column: With new opportunity, it's time to deliver.
- DPW. Rep. Sean Duffy chooses Trump's swamp over Wisconsin.
- U.S. Rep. Pocan. Steve Mnuchin prioritized profits above livelihoods of working class Americans.
- The Hill. Jim Sensenbrenner: No online taxation without representation.
- WEAU. Baldwin: Simcakoski Act saving lives.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Sean Duffy joins Trump transition team.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Presidential recount begins in Dane County, statewide.
- La Crosse Tribune. Senate recount: Vernon County upholds absentee ballots despite clerical errors.
- U.S. News & World Report. Presidential election recount set to begin in Wisconsin.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Some recount workers getting up to $25 an hour.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Mliwaukee County officials to begin recount Thursday morning.
- WTMJ. Voters' reactions split on upcoming Wisconsin recount.
- CNBC. Clinton team sees recount effort as waste of resources.
- Rivertowns. Local officials brace for Wisconsin recount.
- WKBT. Shilling campaign: Kapanke challenging absentee ballots in Vernon Co.
- Wales for Milwaukee County Circuit Court Branch 47. Grassroots effort launched as 9 more judges endorse.