From The Wheeler Report Blog
Gov. Walker appointed Daniel Kelly to fill Justice Prosser’s seat on the Wisconsin Supreme Court. AG Schimel appealed the voter...
Justice Shirley Abrahamson’s husband, Seymour, died over the weekend at age 88. Abrahamson was a UW-Madison professor, and internationally...
Saturday July 30, 2016 - Updated 6:17am
- Rep. Steineke. Statement on voting laws.
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO. Statement on federal judge overturning GOP anti-voter laws.
- Sen. Shilling. Applauds ruling in voter rights case.
- Rep. Barca. Statement on voter ID, early voting federal court ruling.
- Elections Commission. Statement regarding One Wisconsin Institute decision.
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin. One Wisconsin Institute v. Mark L. Thomsen - findings of fact & conclusions of law.
- Speaker Vos. Statement on election rulings.
- One Wisconsin Institute. Judge rules in favor of One Wisconsin Institute voter rights claims.
Friday July 29, 2016
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Judge strikes down voter ID, early voting laws.
- Gov. Walker. Unveils Travel Wisconsin Supper Club Concession Stand at Lambeau Field.
- Gov. Walker. Participates in Kewaunee Harbor Restoration Project groundbreaking ceremony.
- Gov. Walker. Statement on the retirement of Wisconsin State Patrol Superintendent Stephen Fitzgerald.
- Beaver Dam Daily Citizen. Stephen Fitzgerald retires from Wisconsin State Patrol Superintendent.
- Rep. Hebl. Statement on being named Sierra Club Conservation Champion.
- Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin. Thanks state Rep. John Nygren for vowing to never place undue burden on taxpayers.
- Rep. Hebl. Column: To restore trust in Wisconsin judicial system, reform is necessary.
- Sen. Vinehout. Column: Our county fair is a celebration of how we all work together.
- Wisconsin Institute for Health Aging. Senators Luther Olsen and Jon Erpenbach receive 2016 Wisconsin Health Aging Star Award.
- Governing. Should violence against cops be a hate crime?
- WKOW. Mayor Soglin joins fight to raise gas tax.
- DOT. DMV upgrades interactive Driver License Guide to streamline paperwork and shorten DMV wait times.
- Wisconsin Long-Term Care Coalition. Long-term care stakeholders support statewide Family Care/IRIS expansion.
- DOT. It's no-go for Pokemon GO on roadways and railways.
- DNR. Statewide drinking water report shows water supply safe and affordable.
- AARP. Statewide expansion of Family Care is great news for Wisconsin families.
- Wisconsin Aging Advocacy Network. Aging advocates commend state plan to expand Family Care and IRIS programs statewide.
- AG Schimel. Convicts Medicaid assistance fraud felon.
- WDVA. Wisconsin Veterans Home and Union Grove achieves perfect healthcare survey.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin. Welcomes statewide expansion of Family Care and IRIS.
- WKOW. Agency worries new state-wide human trafficking poster campaign may not do enough.
- La Crosse Tribune. State leaders unveil poster aimed at raising awareness about human trafficking.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis. GDP: Second quarter 2016 (advance estimate).
- Bloomberg. U.S. economy grew a less-than-forecast 1.2% in second quarter.
- Wisconsin Farmers Union. Sends survey on low dairy prices.
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin. Another victory for voters.
- Fox 11. Federal judge refuses to stay Wisconsin voter ID order.
- Politico. Court strikes down North Carolina voter ID law.
- Marquette University. Spanish professor receives Way Klingler Fellowship in the humanities.
- UW-Rock County. Foundation and Alliant Energy offering $3K in student scholarships to UW-Rock County engineering students.
- USA Today. Feds: Letter to schools on transgender bathrooms not binding.
- Milwaukee Cty Exec. Abele. Announces community National Night Out celebrations in county parks in August.
- Operation Migration. Whooping Crane Festival, September 8-11, celebrating the return of endangered Whooping cranes to central Wisconsin.
- Sheboygan County District Attorney DeCecco. Finding on fatal shooting.
- Monona State Bank. Local community banks agree to merge.
- Duluth News Tribune. Work continues to reopen flood-damaged highways in NW Wisconsin.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Editorial: Reverse county administrator suspension.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Repeal, lawsuit possible in Karger suspension.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. US Department of Transportation takes steps to implement key rail safety measures from Rep. Kind's RESPONSE Act.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Pocan: Republican dysfunction responsible for gridlock in Washington, D.C.
- ABC News. Report: VA spent millions on costly art as veterans waited for care.
- Smith for 14th Senate. 51 years later, Medicare is still under attack.
- Johnson for U.S. Senate. What they're saying: Ron Johnson investigates terrorists, Feingold plays politics.
- One Wisconsin Now. Memo to Washington Post: Welcome to Walker's Wisconsin.
- One Wisconsin Now. Hillary Clinton uses historic address to tout student loan reforms.
- The Hill. House Dem campaign arm says it was hacked.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: Wisconsin needs free trade pacts.
- The Hill. Clinton accepts Dem nod with call to unite against Trump.
- WISN. State rep opens up about drunken driving conviction.
- Wisconsin Radio Network. Barca says TPP opposition unites Wisconsin delegates at DNC.
- Fox 11. Sen. Baldwin at DNC: Clinton will 'fight for healthier families.'
- Racine Journal Times. Paul Ryan ad spending far outpaces challenger.
- Cap Times. The Democratic National Convention through the eyes of a Wisconsin Bernie Sanders delegate.
- Fox 6. "I trust her:" Rep. Gwen Moore says Hillary Clinton sees different vision of America. Wisconsin State Journal.
Thursday July 28, 2016
- Gov. Walker. Approves Manitowoc County Airport improvement project.
- Gov. Walker. Approves Green Bay - Austin Straubel International Airport improvement project.
- Gov. Walker. Weekly radio address.
- Rep. Sargent. Alliant Energy to add $1 billion in wind power.
- Rep. Nygren. Leads transportation discussion, doesn't support tax-&-spend tactics.
- Rep. Subeck. Named "Environmental Champion" by Sierra Club.
- Sen. Taylor. Named 2016 Sierra Club "Environmental Champion."
- Sen. Taylor. To host Senate District 4 National Night Out Aug. 2.
- Rep. Billings. Participates in conference on child safety.
- Senate Democrats. Weekly Democratic radio address.
- Sen. Ringhand. Letter to Chief Justice Roggensack regarding naming the State Law Library after Justice Prosser.
- Sen. Shilling. Democrats oppose veteran service cuts.
- Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin. Statement on WI Assembly Republican leadership's calls to raise taxes and fees.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Hansen calls for independent investigation at prison.
- WBAY. Hansen: Radios at prison didn't work when officer was attacked.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. State transportation budget could face nearly $1B shortfall. WUWM.
- DNR. Outdoor report for July 28, 2016.
- Rep. Rodriguez and Colleagues. Unveil human trafficking awareness posters.
- Rep. Loudenbeck. Column: New statewide campaign to combat human trafficking.
- DHS. Family Care and IRIS programs to expand statewide.
- DOJ. Statewide human trafficking awareness campaign launches.
- DOT. Aviation Week spotlight: Multiple options for youth exploring aviation careers.
- WI Lottery. Saturday's Powerball jackpot at $478 million.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. Turnout estimated at 16 percent for August 9 partisan primary.
- WEDC. Coalition to move forward with plans for Wisconsin aviation/aeronautics center of excellence.
- WI Lottery. Oconomowoc man claims $90,000 Badger 5 jackpot.
- DHS. Health officials confirm heat-related fatality.
- Sheboygan Press. Former park chief hits DNR on planned Kohler golf course.
- WKOW. Health officials confirm Wisconsin's 1st summer heat-related death.
- Fox 11. Oshkosh Corporation looks to hire 300 employees in one day.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Wisconsin bank CEOs feed confident in economic conditions.
- WQOW. Unemployment down in most Wisconsin cities, counties.
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin. Highlights family planning services.
- Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance. Wins national award.
- District IV Court of Appeals. David A. Noyce v. Aggressive Metals, Inc.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Walker's state Supreme Court pick draws criticism, praise.
- Marquette University. Names Father Tom Krettek as next vice president for mission and ministry.
- UW-Stout. Kenyan receives major awards during Mandela Fellowship.
- UW-Madison. Old technology provides modern lessons to students in archaeology.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Madison student's federal complaint alleging discrimination will proceed to an investigation.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Alexander. County increasing fees to rideshare and taxicab companies.
- Milwaukee Alderman Stamper. Know your rights when it comes to child support.
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce. Announces finalists for Pressure Chamber.
- Milwaukee Alderwoman Coggs. Summer of Peace Youth Rally is Friday.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Editorial: Eminent domain mess could have been avoided.
- WTMJ. Numbers show how many have left Milwaukee.
- WAOW. Marathon Co. administrator's suspension could get reconsidered.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. DOT: Flood-damaged roads in northern Wisconsin won't likely be ready until late summer.
- Cap Times. Flooding damages Madison election equipment, cost of damages unknown.
- U.S. Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs. Johnson, Sasse demand answers from Health and Human Services over failure to return payments to taxpayers.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. Joins bipartisan, bicameral Congressional coalition sending letter to USDA urging market balancing help for struggling milk producers.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Johnson seeks information after Zablocki VA overdose death.
- Orlando Sentinel. Senator: FBI investigations into Pulse gunman need review.
- Wichgers for 83rd Assembly. Rep. Ken Skowronski supports.
- Harris for 18th Senate. Homeowners left behind by proposal to cut personal property tax.
- Wisconsin Family Action. Helps Wisconsin voters find information on candidates.
- Cabrera for 9th Assembly. Wisconsin Gazette endorses.
- Crowley for 17th Assembly. Wisconsin Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals endorses.
- RPW. Will Senator Feingold ever stand up to Hillary Clinton?
- Wisconsin State Journal. Elections: Turnout for Aug. 9 primary projected to be 16%.
- Wisocnsin State Journal. Elections: Turnout for Aug. 9 primary projected to be 16%.
- Janesville Gazette. Editorial: Nehlen goes to far with campaign stunt.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Clinton has work to do to rally more Wisconsin voters' support.
- TIME. Speaker Paul Ryan calls on 'global menace' Russia to 'stay out of this election.'
- Racine Journal Times. Paul Ryan challenger rips speaker on immigration in TV ad.
- Stevens Point Journal. Feingold: Trump unfit for presidency.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. 'Bernie or bust' delegates still unwilling to support Clinton.
- Janesville Gazette. Ryan, Nehlan trade barbs on foreign-worker visas.
- Bloomberg. Trump's minimum-wage reversal is latest headache for Republicans.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Sanders delegates shout down Ron Kind over TPP support.
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Mike Pence tries to woo Republicans in Wisconsin.
- WBAY. Feingold slams Trump over Russia comment, links to Johnson.
- WISC. Wisconsin Democrats celebrate in Philly with smaller role than state's Republicans at RNC.