From The Wheeler Report Blog
Gwyn and Brian talk about tomorrow’s hearing in Sturtevant on the Foxconn bill, new legislation on nonferrous mining in Wisconsin,...
WHEELERweek August 19, 2017 As published by The Wheeler Report – Wednesday, January 04, 2006 … SENATE DNR REGULATORY REFORM...
Monday August 21, 2017 - Updated 4:40pm
- Gov. Walker. Releases statement on public hearing relating to drug screening FSET participants.
- Gov. Walker. Statewide online tool assists Wisconsin companies seeking to do business with Foxconn.
- Gov. Walker. Announces disaster assistance for homeowners and businesses in southeastern Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. U.S. Small Business Administration will provide disaster assistance to Wisconsin flood victims.
- WSAW. Gov. Walker stop in Portage Co. during tour to promote better internet service.
- Racine Journal Times. State budget amendment could affect UGHS referendum.
- WKOW. Walker says Legislature is close on a transportation deal.
- U.S. News & World Report. Legislature's budget committee resuming voting next week. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Natural Resources Development Association. Endorses proposal to bring new generation of mining jobs to Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters. Conservation NOW: August 21, 2017.
- Reps. Zepnick, Mason. And other Democratic legislators push AT&T to reconsider bargaining stance. Letter.
- Rep. Taylor. Governor Walker's Foxconn scheme doesn't add up.
- Rep. Shankland. To hold office hours on Friday.
- LFB. August 2017 Special Session AB 1: Foxconn/Fiserv legislation - as passed by the Assembly.
- Sens. Erpenbach, Taylor. Letter to WEDC Sec. Hogan regarding Foxconn at JFC hearing.
- Sen. Carpenter. The Senate must be the grownups in the room...again.
- WMC. Applauds legislation to repeal mining moratorium.
- DNR. Kohler-Andrae State Park Master Plan amendment open house moved to UW Sheboygan.
- Rep. Kremer. State Assembly approves Foxconn, votes to bring historic investment & jobs to Wisconsin.
- Sierra Club. Condemns Senator Tiffany's latest mining give-away.
- Reuters. Taiwan's Foxconn to build three ancillary facilities as part of Wisconsin LCD campus.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Foxconn deal raises wide array of environmental questions.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. The hype and hope of Wisconn Valley.
- Beloit Daily News. Democrat 'incredibly frustrated' with leader over Foxconn.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Bowen: Foxconn offers a bad deal for Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Public hearing on Foxconn set for Tuesday in Sturtevant.
- Northwoods River News. Tiffany co-sponsors legislation to eliminate moratorium on metallic mining.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Broader relaxation of environmental rules seen coming from Foxconn.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: Senate should push for better Foxconn deal.
- NBC 15. University proposes new facility to provide skilled workers for Foxconn.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Big deals don't always work: Massive electronics plant just over Illinois border stands vacant.
- AG Schimel. Appointing methamphetamine prosecutor in response to drastic increase in Wisconsin drug cases.
- Wisconsin Elections Commission. King resigns.
- Wisconsin Lottery. Powerball at $650 million for Wednesday.
- DHS. First human cases of West Nile Virus for 2017 reported in Wisconsin.
- WKOW. DOT warns about safety on roads during eclipse.
- WMC. Nominations open for third annual Wisconsin Job Honor Awards.
- WRA. July 2017 home sales report.
- Milwaukee Biz Times. Home prices up nearly 6 percent across the state.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Asian carp found near Lake Michigan got past barriers.
- Wisconsin Procurement Institute. Oshkosh mayor to join Board of Directors.
- Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance. Despite increases, property values continue to lag in 29 counties.
- Arts Wisconsin. Small community forum coming up in Wabeno.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Math experts join brainpower to help address gerrymandering.
- Winona Daily News. Minnesota moves to income tax credits, shelves reciprocity plans.
- AG Schimel. Files response to labor unions in Right-to-Work case.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Macy's sues Grand Chute over tax assessment for Fox River Mall property.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Chancellor has to move as part of UW Oshkosh Foundation bankruptcy.
- Wisconsin State Journal. UW-Platteville flushing water pipes at Pioneer Stadium after high lead levels found.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Experts: UW-Madison sexual harassment policies could make it harder to track repeat offenders.
- River Alliance of Wisconsin. (Updated) $12 million fish passage project completed on Menominee River a unique collaboration between many partners.
- Madison Mayor Soglin. Statement and historical perspective of Confederate monuments at Forest Hill Cemetery.
- Milwaukee County Sup. Sartori. National Association of Couties appoints to leadership positions.
- Great Lakes Maritime Task Force. Senator Tammy Baldwin named 2017 Great Lakes Legislator of the Year.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. Operation Drive Sober results in 5 arrests.
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin. Speaker Paul Ryan hides from constitutents' support of Planned Parenthood.
- U.S. Rep. Sensenbrenner. Statement on rapid DNA legislation being signed into law.
- U.S. Sen. Baldwin. After Charlottesville attack, Baldwin and twenty-three senators press DHS on Trump administration's de-emphasis of domestic terrorism efforts.
- U.S. News & World Report. Ryan to face voters following Trump nationwide address.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. Ryan to appear at town hall in Racine amid rallies.
- WFRV. Congressman Gallagher talks immigration at Hispanic church.
- Eagle Herald Extra. Baldwin weighs in on mine.
- Bryce for 1st Congress. Three questions Speaker Paul Ryan must answer tonight
- Wisconsin Alliance for Reform. Tammy Baldwin: A total eclipse of common sense.
- RPW. Launches digital ad campaign against Madison bureaucrat Tony Evers.
- Burns for Wisconsin Supreme Court. Judg JoAnne Kloppenburg endorses.
- DPW. ICYMI: Billionaire Vukmir backer dines with Trump.
- Chippewa Herald. Milwaukee judge wants politics out of state Supreme Court race.
- Cap Times. Former state Rep. Kelda Helen Roys 'seriously' considering run for Wisconsin governor.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Democrat Russ Feingold accuses Republicans of de facto endorsement of white supremacy.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Schools superintendent Tony Evers to make run for Wisconsin governor official Wednesday.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Sheboygan businessman, Cross Plains salon owner, former lawmaker say they may seek Democratic governor nod.
- Fox 6. Poll: 64% of Wisconsin voters 'embarrassed' by President Trump's conduct.