Monday August 29, 2016 - Updated 7:09am
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. State funds a downpayment, not transformation.
- La Crosse Tribune. Editorial: Increase investment in UW.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Experts disagree on value of 'performance-based' funding Scott Walker will seek for UW.
- Wisconsin State Journal. State leaders grapple with internet-fueled economic changes.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Educators: Poverty part of student achievement gap.
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin. (Updated) Governor Walker, DHS and PSW debut statewide standing order for Naloxone.
- DATCP. Issues consumer advisory for cottage cheese produced by Westby Cooperative Creamery.
- Cap Times. Neglecting Wisconsin's vets: Residents suffer at King home while state reallocates surplus money.
- Chippewa Herald. State spent $9.7M on merit bonus.
- Chippewa Herald. DNR delays raises doubts about vow to fend off more cuts.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Another bad rap for Wisconsin startup activity draws both jeers and grim affirmation.
- Wisconsin Right to Life. 140 lives saved from abortion in 2015.
- Pro-Life Wisconsin. Celebrates reduced abortion stats.
- Wisconsin Ag Connection. USDA to purchase surplus eggs.
- Wisconsin Watch. Strong public support, pleas from grieving family fail to move Wisconsin on gun background checks.
- NBC News. Appeals court OKs Wisconsin's strict voter ID law.
- Marquette University. Mathematics, statistics and computer science professor receives Way Klingler Young Scholars Award.
- Fox 11. Investigates: School districts dealing with teacher shortage.
- Wausau Daily Herald. Merrill School Board to be prosecuted.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. Operation Drive Sober results in 11 arrests.
- League of Women Voters of Wisconsin. In Wisconsin, election observers are welcome but they must follow rules.
- Constitution Party of Wisconsin. Vote pro-life in 2016.
- Penebaker for 5th Congress. Response to Trump statement on gun violence.
- Taylor for 76th Assembly. (Updated) Community lines up behind Rep. Taylor.
- The Hill. Dem Senate candidate: Foundation should 'probably' shutter if Clinton wins.
Friday August 26, 2016
- Wisconsin Bankers Association. Wisconsin banks applaud Gov. Walker's $4.5 million allocation to Milwaukee.
- Gov. Walker. Announces expanded access to Naloxone.
- Rep. Goyke. State investment in Sherman Park and Milwaukee a first step in right direction - calls for sustained commitment.
- Gov. Walker. Revised: Announces $4.5 million plan to build workforce and rebuild neighborhoods in Milwaukee.
- Citizen Action of WI. Walker economic plan for Milwaukee offers nothing up to scale of the problem.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Gov. Scott Walker to send $4.5 million more to Milwaukee.
- Cap Times. Scott Walker says performance-based funding is working at tech schools, but is it too soon to tell?
- WIZM. Tollways could be way to fund road projects in Wisconsin.
- Chippewa Herald. Terry Moulton: State Transportation Fund seeing lower revenues from taxes, fees.
- Reps. Bowen, Goyke. Call on the United States Department of Justice to take over the investigation into the shooting of Sylville Smith. Letter.
- Rep. Subeck. On Women's Equality Day, Representative Lisa Subeck calls for end to Republican attacks.
- Sen. Bewley. Republican's plan: Tax breaks for millionaires and tax increases for local property owners.
- Rep. Sargent. Celebrates Women's Equality Day.
- Sen. Carpenter. Ethics Commisioners should be banned from making campaign contributions.
- Wisconsin Medical Society. Standing order for Naloxone has potential to save countless lives.
- DNR. Public hearings and meetings update.
- DATCP. Safe school lunches are cool, literally.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- WKOW. Gov. Walker allows pharmacists to dispense heroin ovedose drug without a prescription.
- Fox 11. Manitowoc Company begins issuing formal layoff notices.
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin. Celebrates Women's Equality Day.
- Bloomberg. When unemployment falls, thousands of Americans die.
- Duluth News Tribune. After criticism over prices, Mylan offers discounts on EpiPen.
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. Ruthelle Frank v. Scott Walker/One Wisconsin Institute v. Mark Thomsen - order on petitions for initial hearing en banc.
- UW-River Falls. Corpse flower to bloom for the third time.
- Freedom From Religion Foundation. Gets Wisconsin religious entity to pay full school fees.
- UW-Madison. JVN Day celebrates life of John 'Vietnam' Nguyen.
- Marquette University. Marquette and Archdiocese to honor Mother Teresa with Mass; MU hosting archives exhibit for canonization into sainthood.
- UW-Madison. A visual nudge can disrupt recall of what things look like.
- UW-River Falls. Brazilian Carnival at UW-River Falls to kick off the Year of Brazil.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. UW-Whitewater dorm back on track.
- New York Times. How cuts to public universities have driven students out of state.
- Green Bay Press-Gazette. Wisconsin community colleges rank 8th in nation.
- WKOW. UW System considering per-credit tuition program.
- Wisconsin Watchdog. Evers accuses school districts of poaching teachers.
- WISN. UWM 'Just Words' campaign sparks criticism of censorship.
- WKOW. UW researcher finds male teachers earn more than their female colleagues since Act 10.
- La Crosse Tribune. Rural districts adapt to increased competition for teachers.
- City of Sun Prairie. Local officials help celebrate groundbreaking for new facility for Riddell Sports and Kollege Town Sports.
- Riddell. Celebrates groundbreaking on Kollege Town Sports facility in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin.
- Preserve Our Parks. Expresses concern regarding recently released park survey.
- MCTS. Last buses pull out of Downtown Transit Center this weekend.
- Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. Milwaukee County to move forward on $2.3 million investment at Mary Ryan Boys & Girls Club in Sherman Park.
- Wisconsin Justice Initiative. City cop proposal price tag: $31.7 million per year.
- Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. We WANT you to Pika-choose Milwaukee County Parks.
- MLive. Great Lakes mayors plan legal challenge to Waukesha water approval.
- WAOW. Wausau wheel tax proposal finalized.
- WTMJ. West Allis struggles to fill police officer vacancies.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Announces winners of the 2016 National Park Service Centennial photo contest.
- U.S. Rep. Kind. Applauds USDA decision to purchase $20 million in cheese for federal nutrition programs.
- Reuters. Obama's TPP deal won't get Senate vote this year: McConnell.
- Wright for 51st Assembly. Statement on Women's Equality Day.
- Assembly Democrats. Women's Equality Day? Not in Rep. Bernier's Wisconsin.
- Johnson for U.S. Senate. Ron Johnson's daughter rebuts Senator Feingold's lies on Women's Equality Day.
- White for 68th Assembly. Statement on Women's Equality Day.
- One Wisconsin Now. What is it with Republicans support of for-profit college scams?
- Shrader for 50th Assembly. Feingold and Baldwin endorse.
- Odeen for 10th Senate. Statement on Women's Equality Day.
- Ferriter for 42nd Assembly. Earns endorsement by environmental groups.
- Brooks for 50th Assembly. Receives Wisconsin Farm Bureau endorsement.
- Lloyd for 6th Congress. Endorsed by Our Revolution.
- Politico. Obamacare sticker shock hits key Senate races.
- Appleton Post-Crescent. Baker challenges Rohrkaste for Assembly.
- Wisconsin Law Journal. Milwaukee plans to begin early voting Oct. 10.
- Beloit Daily News. Feingold comes through Beloit.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Clinton campaign talks about boosting small businesses in Wisconsin.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Trump campaign jabs Feingold on Clinton Foundation.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Feingold, Johnson spar on paycheck fairness.
- Cap Times. Lena Taylor defends Clinton video linking Trump to Ku Klux Klan.