Monday August 31, 2015 - Updated 5:35am
- The Hill. Politicans show sports teams the money on stadiums.
- La Crosse Tribune. Scott Walker got an earful from voters, including Republicans, on proposed records changes.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: Another Republican favors fair voting district maps.
- Fox 6. Bill would allow districts to start clases earlier; restaurant manager worries about impact to staff.
- Rep. Barca. Statement on Dignitary Protection Unit overtime ruling.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Emails raise questions of impartiality, suggest Scott Walker was target of John Doe. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. DNR releases updated Wisconsin fish consumption advisory.
- WKOW. State must pay OT to Walker's security team retroactive to May 2013.
- Sheboygan Press. Police chase stats riddled with holes.
- Fond du Lac Reporter. Hundreds hurt, killed when teens get guns.
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Wisconsin AG argues water rules injunction applies nationwide.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. UW campus officials prepare for new year after tumultuous summer.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke. Deputies arrest 5 drunken drivers in Operation Drive Sober.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Center sours on Scott Walker; support drops among independents, outstate voters.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Four Republicans vie to fill Waukesha County Assembly seat.
- The Hill. Walker: Poll numbers will improve.
- U.S. News & World Report. Wisconsin governor calls building northern wall along Canadian border a legitimate issue.
- Green Bay Press Gazette. Russ Feingold speaks to Door County Dems.
- La Crosse Tribune. Muslim advocate: Scott Walker is 'enabling ISIS' with 'racial Islam' rhetoric.
- Washington Post. What happened to Scott Walker?
- Real Clear Politics. Walker stalls in Trump traffic.
- The Guardian. Scott Walker's new immigration hard line could harm Wisconsin's farmers.
Friday August 28, 2015
- Sen. Fitzgerald. Announces Senate committee changes.
- Sen. Wanggaard. Statement on Racine Teachers Unions press conference.
- Rep. Steffen. Bill to eliminate healthcare golden parachute for legislators moves forward.
- Rep. Steffen. Bill to return millions of dollars to Brown County taxpayers moves forward.
- Sen. Kapenga. To serve as Chair of Senate Committee on Public Benefit & Regulatory Reform.
- WISN. Wisconsin bill could ban minors from using tanning beds.
- Wisconsin State Journal. Editorial: Scott Walker's many trips need more transparency.
- Racine Journal Times. Unions: Proposed bill 'slap in the face' to educators.
- NBC 26. Some Wisconsin lawmakers hope to reinstate 48 hour handgun bill.
- Chippewa Herald. AARP backs bill aimed at caregivers.
- Lower Wisconsin State Riverway Board. To meet at Wyalusing State Park.
- DNR. Hearings and Meetings, Aug. 31-Sept. 6.
ACLU of Wisconsin. Racial justice supporters tell DNR: "We oppose water diversion to Waukesha."
- DWD. Meeting and hearings, Aug. 31-Sept. 4.
- DSPS. Meetings, week of Aug. 31.
- DNR. Outdoor Report.
- WHEDA. Foundation awards $500,000 in 2015 housing grants.
- Wall Street Journal. Editorial: We 'the Sheeple.' Wisconsin Reporter.
- Eau Claire Leader-Telegram. State waivers expected to resolve dispute involving Amish.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Insurance regulator touts Gov. Walker's efforts to boost Obamacare enrollment.
- AG Schimel. NLRB deicsion hinders Wisconsin efforts to attract, create businesses.
- Washington Post. In landmark case, labor board will let more workers bargain with their employer's employer.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Wisconsin shows signs of national economic recovery.
- Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council. Welcomes new program director, McKenzie Hicks.
- Sierra Club. Announces Autumn Assembly.
- Wisconsin Public Radio. CDC: 3 times more Wisconsin children got vaccine exemptions than national average.
- Wisconsin Rapids Tribune. Marijuana decriminalization spreads across WI.
- AG Schimel. Federal court halts Waters of the United States rule.
- Highland Wind Farm. St. Croix judge kicks Highland Wind Farm decision back to Wisconsin Public Service Committsiono for additional hearings.
- U.S. News & World Report. Appeals court sides with Obama administration in dispute over bulk collection of phone records.
- Janesville Gazette. Things to know: New federal rules protecting streams take effect in some states, not others.
- The Hill. Federal judge blocks Obama's water rule.
- UW-Superior. Freshman & international student enrollment up dramatically.
- UW-Madison. UW and Madison Fire co-hosting Campus Fire Safety Month.
- UW-Madison. Convocation offers formal welcome for new students.
- Chippewa Herald. American Family doubles spending on UW-Madison.
- Waukesha Mayor Reilly. Waukesha proposal will not harm the Great Lakes.
- Town of Windsor. Takes first step towards incorporation.
- Milwaukee Mayor Barrett. City of Milwaukee and Nationstar Mortgage announce five-part plan to assist Milwaukee homeowners.
- Compact Implementation Coalition. Legal and technical experts tell DNR Waukesha's application does not comply with Great Lakes Compact.
- Milwaukee Ald. Donovan. Chief Flynn's gun violence comments disappointing.
- Milwaukee Ald. Davis. Mayor fails to acknowledge violence crisis.
- #AllBlackLivesMatterMadison. Protesting Planned Parenthood's racism, past and present, at the Farmers Market on Sat. Aug 29th from 8am-1pm.
- Milwaukee Business Journal. Common Ground denies 'quid pro quo' between $40M Nationstar deal and change in stance on arena.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Chief Flynn says police need more help from federal prosecutors.
- Racine Journal Times. Power plant coal pile to double in size.
- Wisconsin State Journal. City Council will decide if unprecedented investment for Judge Doyle Square is worth it.
- Beloit Daily News. Leaders poised to back Alliant.
- WJFW. Rep. Sean Duffy speaks about Virginia shooting, thinks something should be done about mental health services.
- DPW. Senator Johnson silent on veterans' request to return donation.
- WisconsinEye. 99th Assembly candidates on possible merger of Tech/UW Colleges.
- AP. The latest: Clinton: Democratic party needs ground-up remake.
- The Hill. Walker: World worse after Clinton, Obama. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
- Appleton Post Crescent. Steelworkers endorse Feingold.
- WQOW. Eau Claire reacts to Walker's proposal to eliminate the Affordable Care Act.
- WISC. Dairy farmers concerned about immigration discussion.
- WKOW. Walker releases details on foreign policy speech today: 'America Will Not Be Intimidated.'
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Scott Walker's weaknesses, challenges show as GOP race heats up.
- Janesville Gazette. Walker says US 'cannot afford to lose the fight against radical Islamic terrorists.'