This week Gwyn Guenther of The Wheeler Report is joined by Dr. Rolf Wegenke, President of the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities and Dr. Morna Foy, President, Wisconsin Technical College System. The three discuss the 60Forward , a program to increase postsecondary attainment in Wisconsin. Wisconsin Technical College System, UW System and the Wisconsin Association of Independent Colleges and Universities obtained an Attainment Challenge Grant from the Lumina Foundation to help work towards this goal.
In Wisconsin, approximately 48% of the population holds a postsecondary credential – a diploma, degree or other high value credential. The National average is 47%, but Wisconsin has set a goal of 60%. In this week’s podcast the three discuss what that means for Wisconsin, who can be helped by this program, and how the future means life-long learning.
The 60Forward partners recently held two partner briefings.
The first was at New Richmond on April 13. The following people were present at the forum:
- DATCP Secretary Sheila Harsdorf
- Sen. Patty Schachtner
- Rep. Warren Petryk
- Rep. Romaine Quinn
- Employer Panel:
- Moderator: Mark Tyler President/CEO, OEM Fabricators
- Leah Holst – HR Manager, Frontier Ag & Turf
- Alison Page – CEO, Western Wisconsin Health
- Bill Burkart – HR Manager, Bosch Packaging
The second was held on May 9 in Milwaukee. The following people were present at that forum:
- Lt. Governor Kleefisch
- Rep. Jason Fields
- Rep. JoCasta Zamarripa
- Employer Panel:
- Moderator: Susan Koehn – Director of Industry Partnerships, M7
- Ed Paradowski – President, Apache Stainless
- Patti Plough – Owner, Healics, Inc.
- Robert Venable – President & COO, Charter Manufacturing