Last Updated on
WEEK IN REVIEW
- Darling sent a letter to Gov. Walker “asking him to seek a federal waiver to create a sliding scale to reform the welfare system.” Release.
- Walker called (Exec. Order #230) a Special Session of the Legislature to address opioid related legislation. He also signed two other Executive Orders related to opioids: #228 applies to state agencies; #229 directs DHS to apply for federal funds. Release.
- Legislation circulated:
- LaMahieu, Rep. Neylon: “REINS Act” (Regulations from the Executive in Need of Scrutiny).
- Allen: Penalties for lying on applications for state licensing, cell tower siting.
- Hansen: Creates non-partisan redistricting process.
- Steffen: “Blue Lives Matter” expands definition of hate crime to include law enforcement.
- Walker requested a time change for the State of the State Address from 7pm to 3pm on January 10. Release.
- Three candidates are running for State Superintendent of Public Instruction: Incumbent Tony Evers, Lowell Holtz, and John Humphries.
- Justice Ziegler will be unopposed in her bid for another term on the Supreme Court.
- Shilling sent a letter to Sen. Fitzgerald regarding Senate Democratic committee recommendations.
- The 103rd State Legislature was inaugurated into office on Tuesday.