Last Updated on
WEEK IN REVIEW
- DOT released a report stating they have saved more than $1.5B since 2011, and nearly $100 million in 2016.
- Hutton released a letter regarding prevailing wage repeal and project labor agreement reform.
- DOJ and DOT announced a TV and radio public service announcement campaign to bring awareness to drug-related driving.
- Speaker Vos announced Assembly standing committees, chairs.
- Carpenter released a letter to the Group Insurance Board regarding self-insurance. Release.
- Walker announced consideration of the 115th Fighter Wing at Truax Field to receive F-35A Lightning II fighter jets.
- Joint Finance Democrats released a letter to DNR Sec. Stepp on revenue options for state parks. JFC Report.
- A federal judge refused to stop the presidential recount. Wisconsin State Journal.
- Transportation budget:
- LFB memo on state highway program resource comparison
- Kapenga, Strobel released an LFB memo on highway improvement program funding and revenue options. Release. Speaker Vos reaction.
- Speaker Vos released a video: Road Work Ahead.
- Walker released a statement regarding opposition to gas tax/registration fee increases.
- Assembly Transportation Committee held a hearing on DOT’s budget request. Statements/Testimony: Milwaukee County Exec. Abele. DOT Sec. Gottlieb. Nygren. Rep. Hintz. Wisconsin Counties Association. Transportation Development Association. Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation.