WEEK IN REVIEW
- Various legislators sent a letter to Dane County DA Ozanne requesting an investigation into potential criminal conduct based on information from the John Doe documents released by The Guardian.
- Speaker Vos announced the first meeting of the Capitol Centennial Commission. According to the release, “The commission will help organize the celebrations marking the Capitol’s 100 years in 2017.”
- A Public Health Advisory on opioid use and abuse was issued by DHS. DHS release.
- Kessler sent a letter to DOT Sec. Gottlieb regarding ID cards.
- The Wisconsin Elections Commission sent 1.28M postcards to Wisconsin adults. The cards urge registering to vote.
- A new law that prohibits talking on a hand-held device in a work zone takes effect Oct. 1. DOT release.
- S. District Judge Stadtmueller ruled in the IUOE Local 139 v. Brad Schimel (right to work) case. AG Schimel Release.