Last Updated on
WEEK IN REVIEW
- 2017-19 Biennial Budget:
- DPI Supt. Evers delivered the State of Education Address.
- DOT and Wisconsin Elections Commission released information on obtaining an ID for voting.
- Bewley announced a bill that would increase local transportation aid, and repeal the manufacturing and ag tax credit. Press release. Cosponsorship memo.
- The Guardian published a report on campaign fundraising based on leaked John Doe documents.
- Craig called for a legislative investigation.
- Speaker Vos; Reps. Steineke, Nygren wrote a letter to AG Schimel requesting the appointment of a special prosecutor.
- AG Schimel said in a tweet, “Currently reviewing available options to address serious questions raised by the leak and publication of these sealed documents.”
- Taylor released a statement on lead poisoning standards and DHS correspondence. April 6 Letter to Gov. Walker, DHS Sec. Rhoades.April 19 DHS Response. July 28 Letter to DHS Sec. Engels. August 16 DHS Response.
- Wachs called for a Judiciary Committee investigation.
- The Wisconsin State Journal reported that the Injured Patients and Families Compensation Fund has seen a reduction in the number and amount of payments, and has an $813M surplus.
- Dane County Judge Anderson ruled that WERC violated the public records law by not releasing voters’ names during a union recertification election, according to Wisconsin Law Journal.