Last Updated on
WEEK IN REVIEW
- Barca and Shankland released an LFB memo on general school aid changes. Press release.
- S. Rep. Kind sent a letter to U.S. DVA Sec. McDonald requesting “that you investigate the Walker administration’s use of federal funds at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at King.” Press release.
- Wisconsin State Journal reported that DOJ has agreed to pay $1.6M in attorney fees relating to the admitting privileges lawsuit.
- A “Back to School” sales tax holiday will be included in the 2017-19 budget according to a release from Gov. Walker.
- Assembly Republicans announced the 2017-18 Forward Agenda.
- DOA announced $7.5M in grants available for TEACH infrastructure, and $1.5M for TEACH teacher training.
- Walker announced $8M in savings with a new BadgerNet Converged Network contract.
- Erpenbach will propose legislation that requires any money transferred from the Veterans Home account undergo a JFC passive review. Budget Motion #65.
- Cowles released a letter from the EPA on the status of Wisconsin’s phosphorus multi-discharge variance. Press release. Letter to EPA (Aug. 19).