Last Updated on
The Wisconsin Elections Commission unofficially estimated the August 9 Partisan Primary turnout at 13%.
Gov. Walker activated the Wisconsin National Guard in response to protests in Milwaukee. Milwaukee County Sheriff Clarke requested the mobilization.
Statewide equalized property values increased 3% to $505 billion over last year, according to DOR. Annual Equalization Report. Statement of changes.
Sen. Bewley released an LFB memo on general school aid changes.
OCI released the Wisconsin Insurance Report for 2015.
ETF announced a 1.6% increase in non-Medicare premium rates for 2017.
$17.7 million in sparsity aid will be divided among 141 school districts, according to DPI.
Rep. Hintz released two LFB Memos: One on the cost of delaying UW all agency and small projects, and the other on UW System capital budget requests.
Speaker Vos and Rep. Sanfelippo are proposing legislation “to make Olympic medals and their associated prize money tax free in Wisconsin.”
The UW System’s strategic framework was approved by the Board of Regents.
State Budget related:
- Stroebel op-ed. on transportation.
- Riemer op-ed on transportation.
- Kapenga and Rep. Hutton sent a letter to agency heads regarding budget proposals.
- Ripp sent a letter to Gov. Walker regarding transportation.
- Americans for Prosperity-WI announced a campaign on transportation funding.