Last Updated on
The Week in Review:
- Last Friday, OCI Commissioner Nickel sent a letter to CMS regarding auto re-enrollment of Marketplace enrollees.
- In Whole Woman’s Health v Hellerstedt, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down Texas abortion clinic regulations (admitting privileges, “surgical center requirement”). The next day, the Supreme Court denied certiorari in the related Wisconsin case (Schimel v. Planned Parenthood of WI).
- Fitzgerald released an LFB memo on K-12 and School Choice Program total funding and enrollment.
- Walker sent a letter to DOT Sec. Gottlieb regarding directions for the 2017-19 agency budget.
- Demond Means resigned his position as commissioner of the Opportunity Schools and Partnership Program.
- Hintz released an LFB Memo on individual income tax filers claiming the Manufacturing and Agriculture Tax Credit.
- A federal judge heard closing arguments in the Wisconsin voter ID lawsuit. A ruling is expected by the end of July.
- The Government Accountability Board was replaced with Ethics and Elections Commissions starting today, July 1, 2016.